Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,058   Posts: 1,561,513   Online: 868

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Lenses

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I looked at the site and found 7 posts in one of the few threads about lenses, and nothing of note in them. that would warrent the pronouncement. At least at the time of the posting here.

As for Ben Franklin he also was an outspoekn advocate of farting proudly! Go to Amazon.com, check the listing for a book by that name.

I agree with what David Goldfarb wrote. He must have a job dealing with literary writings of some sort? hmmm j/k David.

Quote Originally Posted by cjarvis
    Has any of the outspoken actually verified whether there is a good lens discussion (if there can actually be such an animal) going on?

It would seem to me that certain individuals will take exception to anything and everything Mr. Simmons has to say, which leads me to two conclusions:
    1. he must have very thick skin, and
    2. discretion truly is the better part of valor.

The internet is certainly diverse enough to accommodate multiple fora for discussion. We need not be threatened by that, and last I checked no one is holding anyone's feet to the fire to stay here or peruse discussions elsewhere.

As for "stealing membership": that's your decision, not Steve's. I'm not sure I completely understand the misdirected ire, which leads me to a quote by Benjamin Franklin:

"Tis better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought the fool than to open it and remove all doubt." Advice that AFTER this message I'll be sure to follow.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mark
    David,

that was a well intentioned post and was full of great advice. Too bad it has fallen on deaf eyes. Or eyes that belong to a brain that does not care. I think this is where Sean should step in like QT did and erase the thread, with a warning to the initial poster.
    fyi-the overall situation was taken off-line..

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    Huh?
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    I can still read the whole tread...

G.
    Wilbert
    http://www.photovergne.com
    Cours photo en Auvergne

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin