Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,979   Posts: 1,523,762   Online: 1199

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Layne View Post
    Somewhere I have the Zeiss booklet listing all the Zeiss Dagors and their coverage
    The 1933 Zeiss catalogue I referenced above on the cameraeccentric website has this information.

Tony, is your Dagor in a rim set Compur shutter? (I suspect it is). I'd say you have a very very nice example of a relatively late Zeiss made wide angle Dagor. There is a 10 cm f/9 Dagor currently listed on Ebay here with an asking price of $875. as I recall. (In my opinion this seller usually has rather high asking prices). Also this lens looks like it is in a barrel front mounted in a No. 1 Compur.
    David
    Last edited by David Lindquist; 10-20-2010 at 09:33 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: spelling

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks David - just had a look on the 'bay and seen it. Here's mine:

cheers

Tony
    regards,

Tony

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Your supposed to be in the darkroom making prints to show us, not posting images of the lens

It's in very nice condition, you've done well there. There's 3 or 4 on ebay one at a low price at the moment but they are Goerz Am. Opt, not German lenses.

Ian

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ajmiller View Post
    Thanks David - just had a look on the 'bay and seen it. Here's mine:

cheers

Tony
    Oh that's nice. Now if I saw [U]that[U] on ebay....

Thank you for providing the serial number and thereby the production year of 1937. I've seen assertions both in print and on the internet that Zeiss got rid of the Dagor line about two years after acquiring it circa 1926. This is one more piece of evidence that that statement is incorrect.
    David

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    First image using the lens - contact printed as I haven't a LF enlarger but hopefully you get the idea. I'm liking the lens already but have to get used to 10 cm focal length.

Thanks

- Tony
    Last edited by ajmiller; 10-20-2010 at 03:50 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    regards,

Tony

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin