Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,296   Posts: 1,535,699   Online: 925

Shooter
    Medium Format

Film-to-Lab transport?

What do you use to protect/transport your film from home to lab? I've used old film boxes, but wondered if there's a better solution. Thx! ~b

Shooter
    Large Format
    The bag that comes in the illford box + three tiered box (normal film box), tape it and mark it exposed film + process (E-6 / C-41). They can read the edge codes, but...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you have that black plastic sheeting from the hardware store (comes in rolls), you can tape your own bags together. Just be sure your "design" is sound.

Also, for quick fixes I've put sheets in ziplocks and then carefully wrapped that in foil, but I wouldn't trust that to send it to a lab, just for around the home.

Shooter
    Large Format

Shooter
    Large Format
    What could possibly be 'better' than the box that the film came in from the mfgr?

Do like everybody else does, save the empty film boxes and ask for your lab to return 'em with all packaging when you drop off.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin