Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,564   Posts: 1,573,445   Online: 836

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    HI Aggie,

As long as I have the measurements of the glass I can make a new one for it, thanks for the interest.

Dave

Images
    Dave,
    I don't think that you will find a group of photographers who are more thrilled that a guy who is producing an accessory that serves the large format, analog photography market is having problems because his orders are outrunning his production. Especially when he makes the effort to plainly explain the situation.

Expect my order soon. I'll send the measurements. Add it to the queue and get to it whenever you catch up. If I were into instant gratification, I'd be shooting d*****l.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Satin Snow and Shen Hao

Quote Originally Posted by mobtown_4x5
    I am extremly unhappy with the GG on my Shen-Hao. (The "AX" something model 4x5). Is that enough info to order or do you need measurements?

Matt
    I received a Satin Snow gg as a replacement for the original equipment on my Shen Hao 4x5 about 10 days ago. I am new at this and was in despair over my inability to focus on the original equipment ground glass. Not having experience with another large format camera, I had just about decided my eyes were not up to the task. The Satin Snow made a tremedous difference. Much brighter overall and especially in the corners. At least now I can see the mistakes as I make them.

Steve Wilson

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I've installed mine in replacement of the original Tachihara 4x5 cover glass/fresnel.

I like it a lot, as it has the able to achieve tack sharp focusing much easier to the Tachihara fresnel.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by xeric-sw
    I received a Satin Snow gg as a replacement for the original equipment on my Shen Hao 4x5 about 10 days ago. I am new at this and was in despair over my inability to focus on the original equipment ground glass. Not having experience with another large format camera, I had just about decided my eyes were not up to the task. The Satin Snow made a tremedous difference. Much brighter overall and especially in the corners. At least now I can see the mistakes as I make them.

Steve Wilson
    Steve

I am having similar problems with my Linhof Kardan GT. I can just about focus accurately but am having a lot of difficultly seeing the effect of tilt and swing movements. When you see the cost of a beattie brightscreen (I have seen them as high as $440 in the UK) the Satin Snow makes a lot of sense.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    My Satin Snow Ground Glass arrived the other day and I finally had a chance to try it out today on my 4x5.

All I can say is WOW.

This makes all the difference in the world. I'm going to order a couple more the keep on hand "just in case".

Jim
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"...Wayne Gretzky

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Still waiting for mine. He did say he is backed up! I hope it comes soon, the stock GG on the Shen is driving me crazy, the grid has come off in little bits.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Dave, I received my SSGG, perfectly packed and in pristine condition. In just one session it has become my primary GG (Wisner's and Dagor77's are now stored away). And just like the BlackJacket by Quietworks, I consider the SSGG one of the greatest bargains in LF today.

I wish you continued success.
    Francesco

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I ordered one too.

Why are the manufacturers using such inferior glass? Costs? You'd think they'd have improved their groundglass over the last few dozen years.

I wish much success to SatinSnow and thanks for having a great product at reasonable price.
    Eric
    www.esearing.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Francis,

Thanks for letting me know that it arrived okay and is working good for you.

Eric,

It is not the glass that creates the problem with stock glass, it is the method used to create the frosted or ground side of the glass, it does take a bit of time to properly grind the glass and to make sure it is evenly ground.

Thanks again everybody for your interest and purchases.

Good shooting.

Dave Parker
    Satin Snow(TM) Ground Glass
    www.satinsnowglass.com

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin