Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,761   Online: 940

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Neal,

At this time I have choosen not to do grids on the glass as it would increase the cost to the consumer considerably, I do however have a couple of suggestions on my website that work quite well for those of you that would like to have grids on your glass, please take a look, if I can help, please feel free to drop me a note, and I will do what I can to help out.

thanks,

Dave Parker
    Satin Snow(TM) Ground Glass
    www.satinsnowglass.com
    gglass@satinsnowglass.com

Images
    No problem, Dave. I was just a little confused. I saw that you provide some downloadable grids on your site.

I actually used to be an analog graphic artist before digital so I have Rapidograph pens, leadholders and ruling tapes as well of all kinds of straight-edges just waiting to be dusted off.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dave, have you thought about how much it would cost to custom mark the ground glass. I have started to shoot 6x7 & 6x9 on my linhof and having a properly marked ground glass as opposed to my dodgy cardboard masks would be a great help.
    David Boyce

When bankers get together for dinner, they discuss art. When artists get together for dinner, they discuss money. Oscar Wilde Blog fp4.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi David,

Yes we have thought about it, extensivly, and I cannot justify raising my cost by 400% to do it, we offer alternatives on our website, which are free to anybody to download, I just at this time, don't want to raise my prices that much.

You are more than welcome to look at what we offer and if it helps in anyway, then good shooting.

Right at this time we will continue to do what we do best.

Dave Parker
    Ground Glass Specialties
    Satin Snow(TM) Ground Glass
    www.satinsnowglass.com
    gglass@satinsnowglass.com

For additional grids on my glass, (with aerial film I cannot always be in the center so the center grid is not always useable), I have baught the craft grid mylar for quilters and cut half a frame looking like and L with a long leg. The grid has varying lines and dashes for inch, half, quarter, and eighths. I can still focus inside the L where the media will be. I apply this firmly with a light edge spray of craft glue which acts like post-it note glue IF you let it "dry" for 15 minutes first. Cleans up from the glass easy. Just don't spray the L edge to edge or it is hard to remove.

Geez, I think I am getting tired. I have one stuck key and it is throwing my usually decent typing to poop. Sorry for the above screw ups,

*bought
    *looking like an

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thats okay, you should see how often that edit button gets used around here.
    Gary Beasley

fil

Shooter
    Multi Format

GG in and it's a good one

Hello Dave,

My GG for my Speed Graphic arrived yesterday in perfect condition. Beautiful! I'm looking forward to NOT SQUINTING anymore.

cheers
    ----
    good light

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for letting me know Phil, Glad it is okay, good shooting.

Dave Parker
    Ground Glass Specialties.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin