Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,493   Posts: 1,571,396   Online: 1092

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format Pan

Satin Snow Ground Glass

Hi Everyone,

I received a Satin Snow ground glass replacement for my 5x7 back this week and I wanted to inform teh APUG group that I am very impressed with the quality of this product. If you are in need of GG replacement you may wish to visit the Satin Snow website for more information.

http://www.satinsnowglass.com

I have no affiliation or business interest in Satin Snow; I'm just a satisfied customer.

Thanks,

Don Bryant

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I've been waiting over two weeks for mine to arrive. How long did it take for you to get yours?

Jim
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"...Wayne Gretzky

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by JMoore
    I've been waiting over two weeks for mine to arrive. How long did it take for you to get yours?

Jim
    Jim,

I waited about 4 weeks and finally got impatient and called David and inquired about the delay. Apparently he is swamped with orders and since each GG is hand ground there is a backlog. It is a quality product and I think you will be pleased.

Don Bryant

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I purchased one as well. I am getting tired of the Wisner stock GG - even in bright sunlight, where there is tree cover, it can be a pain to focus. David also assured me that it will be thin enough to allow my GG protector to slip above it.
    Francesco

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Francesco
    David also assured me that it will be thin enough to allow my GG protector to slip above it.
    Francesco,

The SSGG It is very thin so you shouldn't have any problem with the proctective cover fitting.

Don

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I ordered mine on 7/17 and received it 2 days ago. It is certainly much brighter than my old one. A joy to use & focus with; and it was cheap. After 2 weeks of waiting I contacted him. He said that there were a couple of glowing magazine reviews in the UK and that, due to those reviews, he had a very large number of orders this past month. That is causing the delay. Worth the wait though. I'm a happy customer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    SNIP
    Quote Originally Posted by donbga
    Hi Everyone,

If you are in need of GG replacement you may wish to visit the Satin Snow website for more information.

http://www.satinsnowglass.com

I have no affiliation or business interest in Satin Snow; I'm just a satisfied customer.

Thanks,

Don Bryant
    end snip

Don, this is very good to know. I do not own a LF camera just yet and keep searching E-bay to find just what I want. The GG issue in old cameras is often a problem, either they are broken or mucked up in some way that when placing a bid you know you will have to spend additional money just to put it into working condition.

Thanks for the tip.

Bruce

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by donbga
    Francesco,

The SSGG It is very thin so you shouldn't have any problem with the proctective cover fitting.

Don

Thanks Don. I made a mistake ordering one of Dagor77's GG as it was too thick to fit properly with the protector. I will just keep his as third reserve once the SS arrives.
    Francesco

Shooter
    Multi Format

Satin Snow(TM) Ground Glass

Good morning everybody,

I am the manufacter of Satin Snow(TM) Ground glass and want to thank all that have purchased my glass and to update anybody that is wondering where there orders are, I am a one man company here, and am in the process of upgrading our production shop to accomidate larger order volumes, in the last 3.5 months we have shipped over 500 seperate viewing screens, in addition to many orders comming in everyday, I apologize for any delays in shippping, Satin Snow(TM) in a very short time has become one of the best selling replacement ground glass screens in the large format business, and now have started taking orders from some major companies in the camera business. I am diligantly working to get caught up on the current orders we have. I am probably one of the most critical people in the world and refuse to ship a product that is not as close to perfect as I can, We do all of the work in house here and as with a fine large format camera, it is hand done and inspected by me. I am looking for someone who will be able to grind the glass at the same level of quality that I do, which has proven to be difficult as most people don't really understand the relationship between taking a picture and focusing on a ground glass.

I normally quote 10-14 days on production but the last month we have been about 21 days give or take some.

We never expected such an overwhelming responce to our product and got caught a bit off guard, so I again must apologize for delays, but rest assured we are working very diligantly to upgrade the product speed.

Thanks again, if anyone has questions or concerns please don't ever hesitate to drop me a note, or give me a call between the hours of 9AM-5PM Mountain Standard time.

David S. Parker
    Ground Glass Specialties
    Inventor Satin Snow(TM) Ground Glass
    'Focus on the Picture, Not on the Glass'
    1-406-752-8677

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Francesco
    Thanks Don. I made a mistake ordering one of Dagor77's GG as it was too thick to fit properly with the protector. I will just keep his as third reserve once the SS arrives.
    I purchased one of dagor77's GG too and was very displeased with it. As you said it is very thick and not as bright as I had wished it to be.

Don

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin