Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,926   Online: 875

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Looking for a Graflex lens board in the UK

Hi,

does anyone know of anywhere I can get one of these in the UK, it's to fit a 5x4 pacemaker, copal 0 hole or undrilled?

Thanks,

Martin
    I'm Spartacus!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Just had a quick google for dimensions for a drawing of the Pacemaker lens board, without any joy... I have some 4" square (nominal) boards I made for my MPP out of 1/4" aluminium plate - If this would fit your camera, I can knock another one or two out on my mill.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It needs a pressed lens board ideally to form the light seal, although I have a cast board as well which works perfectly. I could give Paul some dimensions from my cast board in a day or two so that he could make you a board from his 1/4" Aluminum.

Ian

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Unless Martin has an original lens board that we could generate drawings from...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have originals here in Turkey, they are quite thin & need a lip and four raised bit pressed, too hard to describe quickly. copying the cast board just needs a channel milled out of 1/4" aluminium.

See what Martin says, I have spare boards in the UK so could post one to you next Friday, I was going to contact you anyway re the Quarter Plate Camera next week.

Ian

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Paul, Ian,

thanks for the input. I don't have any kind of board at the moment, I just picked the camera up off e-bay sans lens and board. So all I need is a board.

Paul, how much would you charge to make a board?

Martin
    I'm Spartacus!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm not back in the UK until the end of next week or I'd lend you a board while you get sorted. I keep spare boards for lens testing etc, plus I swaplenses from my Wista.Linhof style bnoards when needed. They are quite cheap in 3's brand new from an Ebay store Heavystar but then £1 was close to $2 when I bought mine

If I can help then I'll pass Paul info or if you can wait I can send actual boards, my cast board lives here in Turkey with a Crown Graphic but I can bring it back if it's easier to copy than the pressed boards.

Ian

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    There's a seller on ebay - I think heavystar is the name. They sell 3 for $38 and a nominal amount for shipping. You might want to see if they will ship to the UK.

Edit - I see Ian already suggested them.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Yeah, I'll be placing an order with them tomorrow. Thanks for all the advice and offers of help.

Martin
    I'm Spartacus!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fotoguy20d View Post
    There's a seller on ebay - I think heavystar is the name. They sell 3 for $38 and a nominal amount for shipping. You might want to see if they will ship to the UK.

Edit - I see Ian already suggested them.
    Quote Originally Posted by wiseowl View Post
    Yeah, I'll be placing an order with them tomorrow. Thanks for all the advice and offers of help.

Martin
    The new price for 3 is less than many sell one for second hand and they are well made exactly as the originals.

Ian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin