Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,675   Online: 953

Shooter
    35mm

Ground Glass for Toyo 4x5

I'm new here so forgive if I'm in the the wrong place etc. I have a Toyo 5x4 no lens or backs yet. Can source a cheap back but with no glass (or glass frame?) Can't seem to find anywhere on the net that sells the required frame only the glass. Haven't yet commited to purchasing the glass free back. Suggestion please as to possible sources or other options I should be considering. Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Steve Hopf makes very nice ground glass at a reasonable price. http://hopfglass.com/order.htm You can also pretty easily make your own–Google is your friend.

Richard Wasserman

http://www.richardwasserman.net

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Or have a look at our very own Ian Grant here.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the ground glass info but it's more the holder or frame? I was after. As far as I am aware the Toyo back has a glass holding frame that swings away for film holders to be inserted or can be removed entirely to enable sliding rollfim holders and the like to be attached. It is the glass holder or frame I need to source. I think my only other option is to purchase a complete back with ground glass and it's associated holder unless anybody can suggest another (cheaper?) option for instance will another manufacturers backs fit the 158mm Toyo rear standard?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin