Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,959   Online: 786

Shooter
    Multi Format

My new Tachihara 45GF

I just unboxed my brand new Tachihara 45GF that i ordered from Jim at Midwest Photo, contrary to rumors, these cameras are still being made. According to Jim, the maker has enough wood to make cameras for another 5 years. I love it it is really a thing of beauty. I just did a test shot with one of my last 2 sheets of Fuji black and white instant film, at f5.6 and it turned out beautifully sharp with my 150mm apo sironar n lens. I can't wait to get it outside to shoot some velvia!

I also plan on getting a pup tent to load some black and white film into holders at some point.

Thanks to everyone here for some great info.

I also have a crown graphic, that I won't have a need for that i stripped down to use as a field camera but have all of the hardware if anyone is interested. It also has 2 copal 0 lens boards. Its condition is excellent. Send me a pm if interested.

Nik
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NIK_6523.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    One question, would the camera benefit from an application of Renaissance wax? It will be getting as dry as the desert pretty soon here in Wisconsin.

Images
    Wax as applied to fine wood and buffed is such a thin layer that it would provide no protection from moisture exchange. However, the finish on the camera will.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congrats! It's a thing of beauty.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcd View Post
    Wax as applied to fine wood and buffed is such a thin layer that it would provide no protection from moisture exchange. However, the finish on the camera will.
    Thanks !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    Congrats! It's a thing of beauty.
    Thank you I am really enjoying it! I've wanted one for a long time

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Jim set me up with exactly the same outfit about 7 or 8 years ago......you'll like it (:

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin