Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,523   Posts: 1,572,269   Online: 760

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Fuji 4x5 instant materials--where's my monochrome?

Is Fuji mo longer importing their black and white instant materials in 4x5? I could have sworn B&H was carrying at least FP-100B45 about a year ago, but now they only carry the color film. FP-3000B45 doesn't even seem to be marketed in the US, and Megaperls/Japan Exposures wants over $5 an exposure (!) to import it.
    Is there no other way to get my hands on this stuff? I guess I can understand if the 3000 speed isn't offered here, less demand, but what about the 100 speed? I see it going for $5 an exposure on ebay, but even then, only rarely. What gives?
    The camera is the most incidental element of photography.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    i agree with you, beautiful stuff, I wish I discovered it earlier. Incredible for people. I will miss it. It may have been discontinued, at least in the US.

Nik

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I too would like to know the official word on these materials. I didn't have enough time to get into myself....

Shooter
    35mm
    Arrrrrgh. I feel like I've missed the instant film boat completely. I only got started a couple years ago, coming from the world of 35mm. Compared to rollfilm, all the materials seemed unconscionably expensive. Now that I've grown into the medium and it's worth the cost to me, things are either unavailable or even more prohibitively expensive than before.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This thread has some more info,
    It suggests that fp3000b may be coming in 4by5 which would be awesome. That might make it possible to make a shot of my 2 and a half year old There are some official links and messaged from the us fuji rep that suggest that fp100b45 has been discontinued. It's great stuff but not worth 5 dollars a shot to me

http://www.flickr.com/groups/instant...7624384092593/

Shooter
    Large Format
    I got some from badger two weeks ago for $25 a box.

Shooter
    35mm
    Badgergraphic.com? Their site lists FP-100B45 for $30 and it's out of stock. Is there another Badger?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Ooops...must have confused the price of color with that of b/w. In any event, now that it's gone, it's a moot point don't you think?

While a beautiful instant film I'm not too distraught. I've come to enjoy proofing my lighting set-ups and landscape locations with my cell phone camera. Also, think of all the money you'll save.

Shooter
    35mm
    I don't use instant materials for proofing. I use them as their own medium.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Have you ever tried type 52? I've got a case dated may '09 that I would not miss if someone were willing to buy it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin