Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,646   Posts: 1,481,275   Online: 870

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Nice find/borrow. My experience with a Korona was that there was little that you couldn't fix with a screwdriver. You may find that just tightening up the various screws will help with the standards wiggling. You also may find that some of those screws won't tighten because the holes have become stripped over time. My current antique, a Rochester Optical Company camera from about 1895, shaped up nicely once I replaced the old, loose screws with one size larger. (I tried the matchstick/toothpick in the screw hole trick, but the holes were too shallow.) Most big hardware stores stock a limited number of brass screws in common sizes that are the "even" sizes, 6, 8, 10. If you can find a good little old-fashioned hardware stores, they'll carry the odd sizes in between. Have fun!

Peter Gomena

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nice. Now you need some film!
    After shooting some 8x10 you'll wonder how you could be satisfied with those dinky little 4x5 negatives

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pgomena View Post
    Nice find/borrow. My experience with a Korona was that there was little that you couldn't fix with a screwdriver.
    It was missing the knobs that lock down the swing on the rear standard. I took it apart last night and refitted them with some binding posts and wing nuts and the sturdiness went way up. The main weak point right now is that the one knob that tightens the front standard onto the rails still leaves some wiggle on the front standard. Two C-clamps should help with that.
    Gear: Camera, Brain, Light.
    Website - FB

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Nice deal!

People just need to realise that when some of us jump out of bed in the morning, we go straight for the bathroom or kitchen OR most-recently-acquired favourite camera!

Secondly, I propose a thread in which everybody posts a pic of themselves in PJs with their fave camera. (Only providing you DO wear PJs..)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sethasaurus View Post
    Secondly, I propose a thread in which everybody posts a pic of themselves in PJs with their fave camera. (Only providing you DO wear PJs..)
    I believe that the uncensored version would be far more interesting.
    Website - FB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sjixxxy View Post
    I believe that the uncensored version would be far more interesting.
    there is nothing large about my format
    david
    Atlanta, GA

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by atlcruiser View Post
    there is nothing large about my format
    Nothing wrong with using a miniature. Put a red dot on it if you think that will help any.
    Website - FB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin