Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,720   Online: 795

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Check out military surplus canteen belts, if I remember right it will hold 4x5 film holders. Put two on one belt if you can.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use a small camera bag, made for 35mm, but it holds the 4x5 film holders just fine. The top of it covers the opening very well and seems to help keep dust out. I carry all I have, 10 of em and when each one is exposed, it goes in with the darkslide pull down to help me know it has been used (along with the silver side vs dark side). Have not done a lot of 4x5 yet, so this is a starting point. The bag does well so far, I carry filters, cable, light meter, and loupe this way - with camer mounted on tripod.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use an F64 BPX backpack for my 8x10. It will hold 3 holders (all I own) in the front zipper pouch. I don't use plastic bags as I find them too cumbersome. It seems the more I worry about dust, the more of a problem it becomes. When I don't think about it, it's not a problem.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I use the medium sized Stuff Sac from Eagle Creek which can be found at REI Coop. They hold 3-4 4x5 holders or 2 grafmatics and are pretty dust proof. They're zippered and they have a plastic hook/latch that you can latch on to your tripod as you're working.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Gnass Gear film holder files work well for me. A little pricey, but very good quality.

PJC

Calumet has some nice film holder pouches for 4x5 holders. Check them out here: http://www.calumetphoto.com/ctl?PAGE...type=SPDSEARCH

I've used them both inside a pack and stapped to the outside; they work great.

Regards, Pete

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I use a pair of cheap (~US$7.00) insulated kids lunch boxes from K-mart. They each hold 8 film holders in padded security that also keeps them cool.

Graeme Hird
    www.scenebyhird.com

Failure is NOT an option! It comes bundled with your software ....

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmoo
    I use the medium sized Stuff Sac from Eagle Creek which can be found at REI Coop. They hold 3-4 4x5 holders or 2 grafmatics and are pretty dust proof. They're zippered and they have a plastic hook/latch that you can latch on to your tripod as you're working.
    these are perfect. I bought two yesterday using the remainder of my REI dividend. perfect use for it.

Thanks to all for the suggestions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin