Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,960   Posts: 1,523,098   Online: 998

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I think it falls under "potential bibliography".

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cjarvis

If this is true, Mr King would you be sure to keep us posted on when the book would be available. I'm sure I'd like to have a copy.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cjarvis
    Well, that too but more importantly I am just trying to get an idea of the kinds of ideas that have been proposed. I am trying to write something on this but I don't want to reinvent the wheel if there is already a better wheel out there than the one I have in mind.

Sandy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In Barry Thornton's book "The Edge of Darkness" (P41-48) he describes testing camera focus accuracy using a board with a series of 1cm spaced vertical lines drawn on it. The center line is marked and is the point of focus. Distance is 2 feet from the board and all cameras had full aperture.

Upon developing the film he has several photos showing how far off the focus is for each camera tested. I thought it was an interesting test and I am going to try it. It does involve using rolls of film, developing and printing etc.

I hope this helps.
    John

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin