Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,934   Posts: 1,585,604   Online: 647

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Re: the holders
    I have some slotted holders for the Super D I'd be willing to sell. I am having my camera converted to a Graflok back, which I would not be inclined to do if I didn't have an abundance of regular 4x5 holders from the good old days. The Graflex holders work fine...I found four that were never used in the box!

Also, I found a Dallmeyer Pentac 1.9 with a barrel that will not fit into the recess of the original lens so I screwed a small bracket into the front to hold the lens/lens board in place. It works in theory, however I need to test some more with film as virtually all the frames were totally out of focus wide open. Don't know if I'm going blind, the ground glass is too dim...probably user error.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hard to imagine the ground glass too dim with a 1.9 lens! What is the focal length? Sounds like it could be a promising lens. I'll watch the classifieds if you decide to sell the holders, they could be handy.

Shooter
    35mm

It must be an f9

I don't think anybody ever made an f/1.9 lens for large format. It would be enormous. It must be an f9, sometimes written as 1:9.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Creative Graflex Photography by Jay Allen [jay10allen@msn.com] lists 16 lenses for Graflex Model D on page 21 and discusses lens design and choices for Graflex cameras of all sizes.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeDexter View Post
    I don't think anybody ever made an f/1.9 lens for large format. It would be enormous. It must be an f9, sometimes written as 1:9.
    George, Dallmeyer made the f/2.9 Pentac in many focal lengths. The longest is 8". You're responding to a typo.

Dallmeyer made their Super Six at f/1.9 in focal lengths up to 6", f/2.0 at 8". I've had a 6"/1.9 Super Six, sold it long ago. Too valuable to keep in the closet. Super Sixes cover their focal lengths so the 6" and 8" were normal lenses for 4x5 and 5x7 respectively. The 8 incher might work on a 4x5 Graflex.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jay Allen lists a 15".

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin