Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,771   Posts: 1,484,343   Online: 1191

Shooter
    Instant Films

Graflex Speed Graphic

I was given this camera from my wife grandmother. I don't know anything about it other than what I have read online. I am trying to find out what it's value would be. Any help would be appreciated.

http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20
    Last edited by sigsauer226; 11-23-2010 at 10:01 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: dead link

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I didn't look too long because something really queer started happening to my computer as your pics were loading.

It looks like an Anniversary Graphic, a case, and a few holders. I didn't see what the lens was. In terms of value I wouldn't guess. Checking ebay completed auctions should be a good estimate since these come up fairly frequently.

From personal experience, however, I bought a similar set in fully operational condition, also including a Graflite flash, for $25. Most don't sell that low... I got very very lucky.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you go to graflex.org and learn to use it, it will be more valuable to you than the money you could get for it.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I agree with Steve. A more comprehensive source of information is Graphic Graflex Photography by Morgan and Lester. Almost any of the many editions will cover your Anniversary model. Many online book sellers and auctions have these.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Poke around a bit and try to find some instant film for it, if that's what you use otherwise, and use it. What little I can discern from the photos is that as said, it's an Anny with an ILEX no. 3 Acme Synchro shutter with a lens of unknown focal length and possibly a largest aperture of f:4.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    press cameras are regularly sold on ebay, and it would be easy to see what the
    "going price" is for the camera, and film holders and lens through a completed auction search.
    sometimes these cameras go for a large sum of money, as a kit, sometimes they don't go for much money at all.

often times cameras have more sentimental value than they do commercial value. i have some
    that were given to me that i use and make photographs with. even though they would sell for very little on the auction site
    and could probably be found at a goodwill / garage sale ... it doesn't matter much to me. i use the cameras because they are fun
    and i feel a connection with the people who may have owned it before me.

i agree graflex.org and morgan and lester's book are the best way to really learn about graflex cameras. yours looks nice,
    and the focal plane shutter makes it more useful than other cameras. you can use virtually any sort of lens as a camera lens
    ( things found on folding and box cameras, enlarger lenses, even magnifying glasses ), and the film holders let you
    use inexpensive photo paper instead of film, and process one sheet at a time.

have fun with your new camera !
    john

Shooter
    35mm
    That case is really nice, you rarely see those large cases go on sale. My guess is that a collector on ebay would pay somewhere between $125 and $250 for everything pictured.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    When selling a camera like this, being able to honestly describe the operating condition can greatly influence the price. Also, completely identifying the lens helps.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin