Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,524,033   Online: 854

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by debanddg
    I think there\'s an old post here where someone just made cylinders with soft mesh-like clothing [window lace curtain or similar stuff] and had put the film in such a cylinder with emulsion side inside. You can safely put a few such cylinders into your paterson tank.. can also use one-half of the supplied reel to stack such cylinders within the tank.. The results are reported to be good.
    Discarded women\'s nylons as I recall. Looked like a good idea. Provided protection and chemical flow to the back of the film at the same time.
    Last edited by michaelbsc; 12-08-2010 at 06:08 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by yeknom02 View Post
    Can anyone point me to a step-by-step taco method how-to, or even take the time to type one out?
    This approach worked extremely well for me before I purchased a dedicated Nikor stainless steel 4x5 tank, then later a set of water-jacketed stainless deep tanks and hangers.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    35mm
    I have done the "taco" method using the Arista Premium tank from Freestyle. Four sheets fit quite nicely using the cloth-covered elastic bands sold for holding a woman's pony-tail. The tank require quite a bit of develop to fill, but you can get around that by using a dilute developer and doing semi-stand agitation for a longer period of time. The only caution is to make sure there is adequate developer to develop the four sheets (about the same as for a roll of 35m film).

I use HC-110 dilution G (1+119 from 6ml of syrup concentrate).

Steve

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I can vouch for the screen mesh method. I haven't had any uneven development of my 4x5 negatives since I started using it a few years ago.

Duane

I prefer the burrito method. Stick film in a Unicolor print drum & chow down on a prawn burrito from El Palomar in between changing chemistry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have you considered tray developing?

No special equipment needed, you already have an 8x10 tray.
    You'll need only about ten minutes of blissful, silent dark (total dark).
    Gently rotate them bottom-to top for your standard 120 time.
    Use plenty of liquid.
    Practice first.
    Like dancing with your fingers.

Some people swear by the method.
    Some people swear at the method.

You'll never know till you try...

Reinhold

ClassicBWphoto.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    hay this Taco thing is not any thing new Kodak was doing it back in 1910
    to 1940s you can see the tank & holder all the time on Ebad
    as of now #390253336356 Vintage Metal Kodak Film Pack Tank 2

1banjo

Shooter
    Medium Format

As someone already said

I use a 3 stack 35mm stainless daylight tank and put 2 4x5's vertically. They standoff the sides nicely and have had no uneven development. Mine holds 1L of chemistry, and I fill to the top (I use rodinal, so its cheap, and generally get 4 - 6 slides out of a liter)

I'd be one that swears AT the tray dev. method. too many scratched negs and uneven Dev.

Plus, 15 - 30 minutes in the total dark isn't so much fun by yourself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin