Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,712   Online: 790

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    A 125mm Fuji is a fine modern lens, but I don't know about its current price.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    There´s several Symmar 5,6/135s around 150$ on the german bay, if thats wide enough for ya!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The 135mm nikkors and symmars are widely available too. But the prices can vary quite a bit. For some reason they demand a premium over the 150's.
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by darinwc View Post
    At 90mm I would reccomend holding out for a super-angulon. You should be able to find an older one for $150 or so.
    One thing to look out for is that the oldest 90/8 Super angulons are that they are in a #00 shutter. Obsolete, and an added expense to get it in a board, if you're not making your own boards.

IIRC only the silver body ones are #00. But I've seen them go in the $90-120 range recently.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lot's of great stuff everybody, thanks! 120mm seems like the perfect FL to me, as it'll contain all that 135mm has, so cropping to that coverage would be an option, and yet it's just a tad wider for when I need it.

Thanks... now hopefully I'll get some Christmas money to do this!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I loved the little 127 Ektar I used to have. It was right up there with the sharpest lenses. They are very cheap but you will probably need to get whatever shutter it is in cleaned. The coverage isn't great but it is still a good lens.
    dennis

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Funny you should say that... my 135mm is in an old Rapax shutter and when I got it it fired great at all speeds. My Synchro-Compur on the other hand was sticky, and has actually gone back to broken since it's been fixed. The Rapax was left in a cardboard box in some tech school somewhere, completely neglected and yet it worked great.

They don't make 'em like they used to I guess!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ralnphot View Post
    I have a 127mm Ysarex salvaged from a Polaroid 110a that covers 4x5 with plenty of movement. It came mounted on a Prontor SVS shutter, its my favorite LF lens for landscapes.
    I have one of these too. I have a lens board for it to fit my home made 5x4 camera and I am also modifying the 110A it came from to take 5x4 film holders. However, I have not yet taken a photograph with it!

My Speed Graphic is almost back together again so I think it may get some use on that.

It's interesting to hear that it has plenty of movement as I thought it only just covered 5x4 (or 4x5 if you prefer!).

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin