Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,672   Posts: 1,481,813   Online: 1170

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    Surprised no one else mentioned it. Try the BTZS cloth/hood from The View Camera store. Small and a dream to use. I've been using one for years. See their website.

Similar to Jovo's idea I used "three" XL "black" T shirts. It is light tight. I sewed some velcro in the waist line. In the field I permanently wear it protecting my head like a muslin.
    sergio caetano

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I agree with Ted, the BTZS cloth from the View Camera Store is compact and very efficient.
    "Digital circuits are made from analogue parts"
    Fourtune Cookie-Brooklyn May 2006

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Personnaly, I use bed sheets for my 8x10!

They're cut to 6x4 feet, one black, one white. Sewn together on three sides and turned inside out before sewing the last edge. To easily locate the middle, I have a 10in long red stripe along one edge which I place over the camera - easy to spot, easy to set up. I clamp the cloth on either side of the camera with large "paper clips" and I have two strips of velcrow sewn-in just under where the camera ends up being. I get under it and tie the two strips of velcrow and I'm in business.

Use sheets that have a tight weave count and ones that feels good to the touch without being slippery (forget silk). And. of course, ones that you can not see light thru ;-).

Easy, cheap, and works well. Heck, I can use when I need to take a nap even.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I have been struggling with this also. I like to stay under the cloth for long periods, so I am looking for something that will really breathe. I did not care for the blackjacket at all.

Still looking...

I would like to thank everyone for their comments.
    Since posting the question I have done some experiments and came up with a simple solution. I sewed a strip of velcro to the front edge of the cloth - in the middle, and stuck a corresponding piece of velcro to the top of the front standard of the camera. With the cloth in place I took its two front corners and pulled them down underneath the front of the camera, and fixed them together with two safety pins.This stops everything blowing about and keeps it dark under the cloth. The cloth is removeable and replaceable without removing the pins, but for convenience when ready to insert the darkslide I simply undo the velcro and pull the cloth off the top of the camera and let it rest on the top of the tripod; exactly like a woman removing a shawl from her head and resting it on her shoulders.
    Alan Clark

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I too love my BTZS dark cloth from the view camera store
    Facts are facts; however, perception is reality.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin