Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,721   Posts: 1,514,925   Online: 1064

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Ground glass for Toyo G810?

Hi,

I got Toyo G 8x10, but the GG is missing so I have a few questions about the GG..

The one important thing to know whether the orinal back did have fresnel or not. If not, then it's quite easy to find some GG.
    The advise about good GG's would be nice The cheapest ones on eBay are from hong kong, but I don't know how good they are.

If the original will have fresnel, then I need to shim new GG - if I am correct?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    You shouldn't need to shim the GG with a fresnel, since typically the is on the side away from the lens. You can get an original Toyo GG, they are nice to work with.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My 4x5 toyos has fresnel under the GG, on the lens side.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    While I'm really not a fan of buying stuff from China, I unwittingly bought a 4" X 5" GG from "buyitjnow" on EBay.
    The price was very reasonable and it arrived 4 days later in a really cool wooden box.
    I don't know if he stocks 8" X 10" but next time I break mine I'll be checking with him.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin