Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,876   Posts: 1,520,254   Online: 1132

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    .. and you never know, such conversations might make the questioner rekindle their interest in going back to film. [thinks wishfully ]
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That too. Post #30 is the more common result than Post #29.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    However, some of these conversions have ended up with people giving me cameras and lenses that they were not using!
    Hmm. In that case maybe I should go out shooting when theres actually people around and not at 3am like I usually do.

Then again, the people you encounter in the city at 3am are usually the most entertaining. A guy a few nights ago who was either stoned or drunk (probably both) could not comprehend that my camera was NOT a video camera, and went on and on about how he wants to shoot (video) of street scenes at night for Adult Swim commercials.

Another guy was talking to me during a 17 minute exposure about how the area we were in was a known hiding place for gay rapists which made me a little frightened and quickly got out of these after my exposure was through.
    ~ Michelle

Shooter
    Multi Format
    But before this thread gets too off track, can anyone speak to the quality of the Chamonix against a pricier camera? I do like the Lotus a lot from what I see, buts its also $3000...
    ~ Michelle

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've been out shooting with a couple of Chamonix owners and they seem to be excellent cameras, both are very happy with theirs. They aren't APUG members unfortunately.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    And my question is still waiting the answer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    However, some of these conversions have ended up with people giving me cameras and lenses that they were not using!
    For the record, since March 2010 while I was using Hasselblads, 4x5 Pacemaker Speed Graphic and 4x5 Graflex Model D:
    Canon EOS 3 body
    Pentax Super Program with Pentax-A 50mm fl1.7 and Pentax-A 50mm f/2.8 Macro
    Pentax ME Super with two zoom lenses, two Pentax strobes, Vivitar 283 strobe, Pentax ME power winder, Pentax data back, a large stack of filters, camera bag
    Tessina Auto 35 L and two film cartridges
    Polaroid 420
    'nuff said.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TareqPhoto View Post
    And my question is still waiting the answer
    If you're really anxious for an answer, perhaps a new thread might be your best bet

My goal in life, is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveR View Post
    If you're really anxious for an answer, perhaps a new thread might be your best bet
    And you sure that a new thread will give me an answer? I feel all the answer i will get is to buy whatever, and the worse will be that many members will recommend me each of them so going in circle or no decision.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TareqPhoto View Post
    And you sure that a new thread will give me an answer? I feel all the answer i will get is to buy whatever, and the worse will be that many members will recommend me each of them so going in circle or no decision.
    Everybody will give you a different answer because everybody has different needs. Perhaps making a list of thing you need and require will help narrow the list.
    I have a old Wista it only takes lens to 300mm and the bellows are fixed making it hard to use anything wider the 90mm. I like the look of the Ebony and although not on your list the Walker XL.
    All 4x5 cameras are good and will take 4x5 photos. There just different in some respects

Some section criteria I would use.
    Weight
    Bellows length
    Portability
    Designed len use

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin