Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,436   Posts: 1,596,891   Online: 1218

Shooter
    Multi Format

Looking for 4x5 Chamonix/trade?

I'm looking for a 4x5 field camera that has some movements on it and the 4x5 Chamonix is one model I'm looking at. Something similar would be acceptable as well. I have a 5x7 that I'm willing to trade (Seneca Contender - needs new bellows), jobo processor with various other items with it, an Omega D2 with lenses, color head, mixing boxes. There is also a D5 and I have an XL rail - this needs a magenta filter, but otherwise is in outstanding shape. There are other items - can send photos of any of these items if someone is interested in trade. I have other darkroom items to trade as well; the list here is not comprehensive, but if someone is interested, I will come up with a comprehensive list and post it. If you think that's a good idea for me to do to begin with, let me know.

I just paid my tuition, taxes and Christmas presents, so I'm trying to hang onto cash if I can. My darkroom is pretty well situated and the items I have to trade are in very good shape for the most part - if there is anything wrong; I will state it. But I would prefer to trade, though trade with some cash exchange could be worked out.

I'm looking for a camera to hike with, etc.

Thanks for your help,

Tim
    Tim Flynn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No sure if you will find someone to trade their Cham.

Even used Chamonix 45n-1's aren't easy to find let alone the newer 45n-2.

Good luck!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you start selling off that stuff, you could easily afford a new Chamonix with that money.
    ~ Michelle

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, that is probably my next step - sell the things I don't need and then buy the 4x5 field camera that I would like; just thought I would put something here to see what I can find. I'm not set on any particular camera right now, and I have time. I probably just need to shop around some to start finding out the 'new prices' in the cameras I think would do the job for me.
    Tim Flynn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ok, how do I find the information to order a Chamonix 45n-2? From what I understand, a pre-order can be made, then you wait. How do I find the person to contact to make a pre-order?
    Tim Flynn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowtracker View Post
    Ok, how do I find the information to order a Chamonix 45n-2? From what I understand, a pre-order can be made, then you wait. How do I find the person to contact to make a pre-order?
    Go here: http://www.chamonixviewcamera.com

Click on Contact Us

Your Guide on this journey is Hugo Zhang

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you Hugo
    Tim Flynn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just put myself on the list for one of these in April as well. They seem like a great company, dedicated to making a solid product. A photographer's company, if you will. Hugo is really great to work with too.

The only problem is that whenever I see "Chamonix" I want to pronounce it "Sham-on-icks" instead of "Sham-on-ie"
    I'll get used to it eventually
    ~ Michelle

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hugo already replied to me and I am on waiting list for April delivery... woooooooooooooo hoooooooooooo...... there goes my money..... But, now that I have a paid membership on apug, I can start to sell some of my 'extra' stuff to cover this.

I have the money right now... Hugo, you want my money now, or later?

Those French words - heck, I can't even pronounce most English words...

And if you can't tell, I'm really pleased with the choice I made. I really am getting into the smaller end of LF; now, if I can swing an 8x10....

But seriously, thanks to all of you for your input about various cameras on this site. It has made a big difference for me and I really do appreciate all your help. No one pointed me to this particular camera, it was my choice, but I made that choice by reading things here and a few other places.
    Tim Flynn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ^ I have a feeling by the time April comes around I may be asking Hugo if he can send me an 8x10 instead
    We'll see. The 4x5 looks great though and thats what I'm banking on.
    ~ Michelle

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin