Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,160   Online: 1087

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    you mean they didn't ask if it was a hasselblaad ?
    I got two of dem!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Hawley View Post
    "Does it take color?"
    No. I am sorry. My camera was made in 1928. According to Calvin, my personal patron saint, color was not invented until the 1930's.

Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Calvin & Hobbes Black & White.jpg  
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ugh... I just came back from using my 4x5 at Queen Elizabeth Park here in Vancouver. People really like to stare it seems. Oh well, I just keep to myself. I think the funniest thing was when I set the camera up next to some guy with a Canon something-or-other dslr. His face said "inadequacy". Ahahaha!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    No. I am sorry. My camera was made in 1928. According to Calvin, my personal patron saint, color was not invented until the 1930's.

Steve
    Nice, I remember asking my dad that same question. But I don't remember his answer, probably he said there wasn't color film back then.

As of View cameras being cannons, movie cameras or accordions the people only know them from TV, movies and the popular culture so it might be acceptable that they don't know what it is. Still, they remain.
    In Spanish roads, a "picturesque" location is marked with a signal of a Folding View camera: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ignal_s109.svg

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin