Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,770   Posts: 1,484,239   Online: 1105

Shooter
    35mm RF

For those shooting 4x10, which lens do you tend to use the most

So I've sold off my 8x10 and a new ShenHao 4x10 has arrived. I was planning to shoot with my 8x10 lenses, but the image looks more like two 4x5 images side by side than a cropped 8x10 image.

Which lenses have you been using with your 4x10?

-Rob Skeoch
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    all of them but mostly 305 g claron, 450mm, 210mm, and I have a 165mm super anglulon but I've yet to use it with this format. Rob, there's a fair amount of 4x10 on my site and on my flickr page (search vinnywalsh.com on flickr). I love the format.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Large Format
    My most used 4x10 lenses are 165 (Angulon) and 240. My whole kit in addition to these two is 110, 350, and occasionally 450.
    Keith Pitman
    Photographer
    www.keithpitman.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I like the schn. 90/8 SA and schn. 210/5.6 Symmar-S, the schn 150/265 convertible, and the nikkor 300/9 M. Several of those are really not up to provide the full circle, but it usually doesn't bother me. If I go nutty enough on the movements to warrant it, I put on the nikkor 150 SW (although that is really overkill and it usually stays affixed to my 11x14). The longest lens I've used on it so far was my apo nikkor 360.

I have the Shen 4x10 too, in fact I got it from the Keith above, if I remember correctly! Shen made me a 5x8 back for it for something like $250 and I got the film holders from chamonix. Shen makes 5x7 and 5x8 backs for that camera. They'd probably make you any back for it if you asked nicely.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin