Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,523,995   Online: 825

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

A really nice old lens to look for are Wollensak Velostigmats---nice bokeh when open & very sharp when stopped down. I don't know what they are going for these days but historically they've been kinda low on the food chain.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the info John - I will check it out.
    Tim Flynn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well, the snow in the south has held shipping up a little, and so has one incident where my camera got missent (I guess put in the wrong truck), but it finally came yesterday. The bellows seem to be light tight from the limited checking I could do (extending the bellows all the way and shining a Coleman high power flashlight in it and looking for pinholes on the outside), and all the movements seem to work correctly, even though the mass of knobs is a bit of a challenge for me right now. The only problem I have is the lensboard: it feels like a hard painted cardboard. Will that support a lens and shutter? The lensboard is undrilled as of now, so it's unuseable in it's present state, anyway, so I have no problem with tossing it if it isnt worth its weight in crap.

BTW, it's a good bit lighter than I expected. I think it's too heavy for my tripod that I use with my 35mm cameras. I do have a Canon EOS Rebel with a 70-200mm F/4L lens, which is pretty front heavy, and the tripod holds that fine, but that camera/lens is still a good bit lighter than the B&J. I'll try it out just for fun, but I'm not expecting anything
    "I have captured the light and arrested its flight! The sun itself shall draw my pictures!"

-Louis Daguerre, 1839-

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin