Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,694   Online: 1149

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: G-Claron Lenses

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I have a 305 G-Claron that does not fit a Copal 1 Shutter... It is bigger. Any idea of why this lens is this way?

I was planning on having 210, 240, 270 and 305 lenses plus a single shutter for them all..... But this 305 has me stumped....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    most likely copal 3 shutter

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank F
    I have a 305 G-Claron that does not fit a Copal 1 Shutter... It is bigger. Any idea of why this lens is this way?

I was planning on having 210, 240, 270 and 305 lenses plus a single shutter for them all..... But this 305 has me stumped....
    That doesnt sound right to me. My 305 is in a #1.
    hi!

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    could it be a repro claron? Aren't they larger?

lee\c

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Frank:

You have an older 305 G-Claron...I have the same one. Its still a G-Claron though...not a Repro-Claron. It will fit a #2 Copal, which is rather hard to find I must say. It took me some time to be able to find a #2 shutter on e-bay, but I finally did. Mine is fitted into a #2 Compur, which is a bit easier to find then the Copal one. ..and much less expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank F

RL Foley

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have 150mm and 210mm G-Claron lenses out of some sort of process camera. I would like to have them put in shutters. Is it as simple as getting the proper size shutter and screwing them in? Or do I need to have someone who knows what they are doing mount them? And who would that person be?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shutter sizes

Doesn't sound right to me either Frank. Was looking at the Schneider data page yesterday and they show the 210-305's as #1's and the 355 as #3.

http://www.schneideroptics.com/photo...aron/chart.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmattfish
    I have 150mm and 210mm G-Claron lenses out of some sort of process camera. I would like to have them put in shutters. Is it as simple as getting the proper size shutter and screwing them in? Or do I need to have someone who knows what they are doing mount them? And who would that person be?
    My 150mm G-Claron is in a Copal 0 shutter and my 210mm is in a Copal 1, as is my 240mm G-Claron.

This is in agreement with the current Schneider G-Claron specifications:

http://www.schneideroptics.com/phot...laron/chart.htm
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    my 210 and the 305 are both in the copal #1 The 150 is in a copal #0 and the 355 is in a copal #3.

lee\c

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    could it be a repro claron? Aren't they larger?

Not a repro...... a plain old G-Claron. I do not have a COpal 3 SHutter to test the theory, could somone please measure a shutter for me and tell me the correct (Approx) size of the threads on the front group so I can measure and compare......

Thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin