Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,769   Posts: 1,484,220   Online: 958

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries

LF theft in San Francisco on Jan 8...

I was amazed at how bold these thieves were. My car was parked outside the hotel. There were several people who saw the whole thing. The only guy that tried to help was also from Reno. He was there for the Bowl Game like me.

When you spend two years putting together an outfit, you don't realize how much you have into it until you start writing a list after it's been stolen. My camera was not an impressive one but I really miss it and it will be years before I can justify the expense of replacing it. I'm pretty sure that it's covered by my auto policy but I'd prefer to have mine back. My daughter's medium format Mamiya 645 was also nabbed.

If any of you shutterbugs see any of my stuff surface around the City by the Bay let me know. I only have one serial number but it should be enough to flag the whole thing. The Nikkor 240-W lens has serial number 778664.

Basic list of outfits:
    Calumet monorail 4X5
    Schneider Super Angulon 90mm f8
    Nikkor 240mm-w sn778664
    Lee mounting kit
    Lee ND grad filters (3)
    Lee BW gel set
    Seconic Light Meter (I think L-508 is the model)
    Very nice nylon backpack. I don't remember the brand but it's something like Temelec.

Mamiya 645 with battery handle
    70mm lens
    150mm lens
    2x adapter
    (not completely sure of the focal lengths but They're around that)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2011-01-08_09-52-42_347.jpg   nikkor 240w sn.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sorry to hear about your loss. Is this something that your auto insurance might cover ?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    I think I'm covered to some extent. I think the glass repair may have covered most of the deductible but, even if I'm covered for replacement cost and have a chance to profit, I'd prefer to get my outfit back... especially the exposed film holders. Those shots represent a day that I got up at 3AM to get to the Berkly pier in time for the foggy shot across the old pier.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    A snapshot of my composition with a similar focal length. I used 7 stops of ND to get about 15 seconds of exposure with both Delta 100 and NC160. I really wanted to see that one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2011-01-08_09-01-42_294.jpg  

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin