Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,452   Posts: 1,570,401   Online: 1118

Shooter
    Medium Format

RZ67 Backs on 4x5 view camera

I was wondering if there is an adaptor that will allow me to use my RZ67 backs on my view camera (with graflok back).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There isn't. It's possible to make something but the issue is the film plane registration, if the camera has a Graflok style back then it's relatively easy.

I made an adaptor to allow a Graflex roll film back (same as RB67) to be used with my Quarter plate camera a few months ago and I'm about to do the same to allow a 5x4 DDS to be used with a Half plate camera, and I'm sure you could make something similar. Unfortunately I left the adaptor & camera in the UK or I'd post some photo's. I've been asked to write an article about i for a magazine but that's a few weeks away at the moment.

Ian

Shooter
    Large Format
    I can't speak for all rotary backs, but I have used a RB67 with my Horseman 2x3 rotary back for 4x5 graflok on my Super Graphic. RB67 backs will mount to at least some 2x3 graflok backs, which are the typical form factor for rotary back magazines.

Of course the plane of focus moves back, but with the rotary back I have a quick to use groundglass for that so its only an issue with shorter lenses. The back adds considerable bulk. I think my back adds something like 40mm in bellows and its hard to pack in the field, a sliding back might be smaller.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin