Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,188   Online: 686

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Rolling Tool Caddy as LF (or whatever) case

For those who like luggage style rolling cases, this looks like it could be just the thing for moving big camera loads around;

http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/pag...,67015&p=67015

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Cute. Thanks for pointing it out.

I got a somewhat similar rolling tool case some years ago at Home Depot. One drawback that may or may not matter for others. Its little wheels work well on hard surfaces such as pavement, have problems on soft surfaces.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have converting a school kids rolling case. It has straps to give you the option to wear it as a backpack when 'offroading'. So far it only holds the crown graphic; my monorail defies packing in a small case.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Um, Mike, google ruxxac. I have one that my wife has confiscated for her gardening. When I go a-shootin' with the full kit I steal it back. Rolls well, carries a lot, will have no problems with a proper case for a monorail in bat position. Bat position? Upside down, hanging on by its rail.

Last year I got a hard case, Cambo brand no less, for my little 2x3 Cambo SC. My SC, y'understand, has three standards, a couple or three rails, a 2x3 SLR module, extension tubes..., that fill the case. Come spring, the Cambo case will go on the Ruxxac, an old VCR case that now holds long lenses and flashes will go on top of that, and the rolling tool case will crown it all. Ridiculous, but hey, that's how I sometimes live.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I bought a hard-sided, hard-topped, rolling tool box from Sears years ago. Has a bottom section that will hold an Ansco 5x7 and lots of holders. A tray (with a carrying handle) goes in, which holds allkindastuff; and a removable top that clamps on top of that. Berlebach pod is bungeed to the top of the whole mess. When set up by this large guy with the ahrititic spine, I can sit on the box. Neat.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is the Stanley tool case that I have been using for the past four years. I usually keep my 5x7 Deardorff kit in there as well as a 4x10 pinhole and sometimes a couple of Holgas. I need to be careful that I don't put so much stuff I have trouble lifting it in and out of the car. The wheels are larger that those on most of the other rolling cases I have seen so it is usable on other than paved trails. I wouldn't try it on a real hiking trail though; for those I revert to my backpack.

Dan
    Daniel Williams
    Enumclaw WA USA

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Dan, that looks like my Sears unit, except for the colors. Mine is grey and black.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin