Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,050   Posts: 1,561,146   Online: 776

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    That's a good idea thank you Rick

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggysk8 View Post
    3 lenses, 20+ film holders, extra rail, bag bellows and bino viewer no film though

But I still get to play with it
    Right on, If you are using wide lens you'll appreciate the bag bellow. I also like the bino viewer although I keep a dark cloth with me since the bino viewer can be hard to use if I have the camera up high on the tripod, and in low light conditions sometime I like a lupe on the ground glass better.

Roger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

I would be to!

A Sinar F1, trying to go to bed early, but im too excited
    I have one for over 20 years and it's an excellent camera. I love the Swiss precision. The camera has a great swing, tilt and DOF calculator. It's a joy to use. Congrats!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Well I love this ting, took it all apart and gave it a good clean. Although I need a new copal shutter no 0. But then I knew that before I got it, just hoping I could fix it

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    3 lenses, 20+ film holders, extra rail, bag bellows and bino viewer no film though
    Ping me your snailmail addy and I'll bung some HP5+ (10 sheets, exp: March 2011) in the post to you. If nothing else, the box will come in handy when you unload the film holders.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    [QUOTE=Shaggysk8;1126372]3 lenses, 20+ film holders, extra rail, bag bellows and bino viewer no film though QUOTE]

Now that you have a few sheets of film, you'll be needing a developing system and enlarger. Welcome to the world of large format

Don't forget - We will want to see the results within the next few days.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    hahahaha.....ok the challenge is for monday then, I will have one picture up :S even if its black or maybe just white depending on what I get wrong, fuzzy is also ok as well as just my feet as I forgot to lock down the front standard

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Yeah, make sure you close the shutter after focusing and pull the darkslide before making the exposure. As far as the shutter unless your absolutely sure that it is dead I'd send it off to Carol Miller at Flutot's. She is usually backed up and you'll have to get on her wait before you send the shutter in, but her prices are super reasonable and she has worked wonders with some of my shutters. As far as a new shutter check Badger Graphic Sales, bought a Copal #0 from them not to long ago for a 150mm G-Claron I got in barrel.

Roger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    congrats !

careful, its s slippery slope ..

john

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thank you Roger, although I am in the UK so was hoping for some UK info, I guess all the large format guys must still be drunk from christmas.

Good note on the close shutter and darkslide, I might right a check list and get someone to read it off to me.....hahaha

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin