Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,207   Posts: 1,531,899   Online: 1143

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

5x7 Linhof Lensboard Help Please!!

I recently picked up a 5x7 Linhof IV Technica on Ebay. Originally when I made the purchase I was promised 2 lensboards. The seller after the auction could not find the lensboards so now I am sort of scrambling trying to find some. I have a few questions hopefully the knowledgable people of APUG can give me some advice.

1) Any ideas where I can find 5x7 lensboards for the linhof?
    2) Read that the Linhof III 4x5 lenboards are the same size. Will they work with my camera? Looked for those on ebay with no results also, where can I get them?
    3) Been reading a lot about an adaptor board that will allow you to you to mount a 4x5 linhof board on a 5x7 camera, anyone know where I can get one of those?

Thanks very much any responses are appreciated. Gerry

www.gerryyaum.blogspot.com
    www.gerryyaum.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Might be quicker to find some 1/8" board and take to it. Or try someone like KEH, see if they have something.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    two words....richard ritter
    peter
    website down for maintenance!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by gerryyaum View Post
    ……1) Any ideas where I can find 5x7 lensboards for the linhof?…….

The 5x7 lensboards come up from time to time on Ebay. I bought a couple in the space of a month.

They’re pretty simple, and any competent machine shop could easily make a few. No need to pay for specialized work, such as SK Grimes (although they do excellent work).

Quote Originally Posted by gerryyaum View Post
    ……3) Been reading a lot about an adaptor board that will allow you to you to mount a 4x5 linhof board on a 5x7 camera, anyone know where I can get one of those?…….

I don’t use the 5x7 boards anymore, because I had SK Grimes make an adapter so that I can use the standard 4x5 boards. It makes life much easier. So I have two 5x7 Technika boards in size 1 (one black crinkle and one silver), if you’re interested.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have one also that is available. Opening is 52.5 mm.

Shooter
    Large Format
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...ard_1_for.html

Big bucks, but you are a linhof shooter after all.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin