Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,672   Posts: 1,481,823   Online: 1127

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Simplest solution for keeping the GG installed while using a Grafmatic on the Meridian would be to add stacked washers or a couple of drilled spacer blocks about 1/4" thick under the leaf springs. You might need longer screws, but these are common enough threads (if I recall correctly 6-32?).

Using a Grafmatic or Quickloads in portrait mode, I greatly prefer either of my Meridians to the Super Graphic with a top-mount RF I once owned, since with the Meridians I can leave the darkslide oriented up and still see through the RF. Too, the wire hoop action finder is better executed on the Meridians, with a closer approximate view in portrait mode. (With the Meridian style hoop that flips up, one can even install and leave wire frame sliders to it, set for the framing requirements of a roll film back.)

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

The Meridian 45B, and possibly a source for lens boards

I just acquired a Meridian 45B in wonderful condition. What a great camera. Well designed and engineered. This camera was missing two of the pushrods that lock the back in place. I made two replacements on my lathe by using the two originals for dimensions. My camera came with an original cast aluminum lens board made by Meridian. I have an aluminum foundry in my back yard which I am planning to use to make cast aluminum cameras similar to the Meridian but in larger formats. I will be needing a few dozen lens boards and will probably make a pattern and cast some up just like the original Meridian boards. Anybody else interested in reproduction lens boards? They will be terribly expensive, this is pretty involved custom work.
    Barry Young
    Young Camera Company

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just scored the Meridian 45B that was on Ebay recently. Hasn't arrived yet but I am looking forward to trying it out. I'd be interested in reproduction cast aluminum lens boards.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EdSawyer View Post
    I just scored the Meridian 45B that was on Ebay recently. Hasn't arrived yet but I am looking forward to trying it out. I'd be interested in reproduction cast aluminum lens boards.
    There has been insufficient interest in cast aluminum lens boards to justify the project. Sorry Ed.

Barry Young
    Barry Young
    Young Camera Company

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I finally got to start playing with the Meridian 45B I got. What a great camera. Really well thought out design and execution. It's no surprise after seeing and using one in person why these were considered "the American Linhof". They really are that well made. Amazing for the time. Someone really put some love, care, and craft into the design of this camera. Tons of little artistic details everywhere.

-Ed

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin