Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,533   Posts: 1,572,710   Online: 803

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Fidelity 8x10 Film Holder Prices

Recent testing of my second-hand Fidelity 8x10 film holders confirms a few light leaks. So I'm just now looking here at Calumet to see how much new holders go for these days.

Am I reading those prices correctly?

If I purchase a single holder it's $76.99 each, but if I purchase the two-pack they are $84.99 each? That's a "penalty" of $8.00 each for buying multiple units.

Am I missing something obvious?

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Yeah and Fidelity 5x7 holders are $79.99 each, go figure.

Roger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rtbadman View Post
    Yeah and Fidelity 5x7 holders are $79.99 each, go figure.
    Hmm. So they are. So maybe there IS no reason...

Ken

P.S. Sorry for the original link destination. I think Calumet is dynamically screwing with it to force display of their current sale, or something, instead of the holders I was pointing to.
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    That has to be a mistake. Also they show they have single film holders in stock but if you want two you have to call in to check. I wonder which they would change, the single price or the double price.
    Dennis

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin