Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,702   Posts: 1,548,431   Online: 1009

Shooter
    Multi Format

Quality in a 21Omm 5,6 Scheneider SUPER SYMMAR HM

Hello a friend offered me one of these lens for little money, will it be better than a tessar copy? (geronar) how much would worth one of these? is in very good condition!

Thanks in Advance!
    vive la resistance!

Shooter
    Large Format
    I have the Schneider 210/5.6 Super Symar HM I bought new in 1988. It was an expensive lens. It was one of Schneiderís most sophisticated lenses at the time and is a great deal more sophisticated and valuable than a simple 4-element Tessar design.

It is designed to cover the 8" x 10" format but, of course, can be used on smaller format cameras as well provided that it fits. The quality of this lens is excellent.

Filtering may be something of a problem due to its 100mm x 1.0mm filter thread.

If the price is low and itís in good condition, you should buy it quickly before someone else does.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Geronar is a triplet. A Tessar is not a triplet.

The SS HM has much more coverage than either type, is the next-to-latest generation from Schneider. If you can steal one, don't hesitate.

Use Google to get an estimate of the going rate ... Don't be so lazy, you should have used Google first.

Resistance is futile.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Resistance is never futile, at least ideologicaly...

Thanks
    vive la resistance!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin