Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,715   Posts: 1,514,764   Online: 836

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fighting GG

Shooter
    Multi Format

fighting GG

hi all
    is there a way to reverse the 4x5 image back to normal view, i find composing images in upside-down hard, i know there something to attach on the gg but forgot its name.

thx

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    some cameras have a 45 or 90degree prism you can attach to the back.

or you can get a portable monkey bar setup, and hang behind the camera while focusing

-Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The large format experience wouldn't be the same for me if the image was upright, but that's just me.

Dan has good suggestions...

Shooter
    Large Format

Shooter
    Large Format
    The link doesn't automatically show the cambo binocular viewing hood that gives an upright view of the scene.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielStone View Post
    or you can get a portable monkey bar setup, and hang behind the camera while focusing

-Dan
    Got to get me one of those!
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian C View Post
    The link doesn't automatically show the cambo binocular viewing hood that gives an upright view of the scene.
    Here is the image of the thing, wonder if it is adaptable to fit on something like a standard wooden field camera that takes normal 4x5 film holders, instead of just Cambo TC's?:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	28_CB0225_None_3.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	31170
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here is a nice list of some of the solutions: http://www.bnphoto.org/bnphoto/LFN/ReflexFinders1.html

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    My suggestion is to stop "fighting the ground glass," stop thinking about the image being upside down and reversed every time you look at it. Be one with the ground glass; accept what is there.

But perhaps some people can't adjust to seeing this way? I often find myself reviewing a shooting session in my mind and realize that I never really thought about the image being inverted/reversed. I assume that other LF shooters experience the same thing?

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

The image is always rightside up on the other side of the Equator

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin