Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,626   Online: 988

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Where to get empty 4x5 boxes

Hi all!

I am in need of a bunch of used/new empty 4x5 boxes. I have tried the local lab that does LF and without luck. Maybe some apug'er out there might have some in spare? I would of course pay for these boxes - I have seen some on fleabay but the shippingcosts are waaay to high for my taste.

All the best,

Kim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Kim,

I have a bunch (5 or 6, maybe a couple more) of empty 4x5 film boxes that you can have, but I am located in the U.S. and I am not sure if the shipping cost would be worthwhile (no charge for the empty boxes, of course!). I think it would be a good idea if fellow APUG members in Denmark or nearby have any to spare. If you don't find any locally, you can contact me.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    How many do you need ?

I've just been transferring 5x4 negs from the "shoebox under the bed" filing system to proper sleeves in a binder and now have a few spare boxes.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    You get them by using up full film boxes!
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sanjay: I will keep looking for something local - and keep you in mind. thanks a lot for the reply!

paul: I need at least 8-10 - but even more would be great. Do you live in England? how much do you reckon shipping would be? Also - out of curiosity, what filing system will you be using?

Greg: I know The thing is - I need the boxes for a project and I haven't accumulated quite enough boxes myself.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim Catton View Post
    I need at least 8-10 - but even more would be great. Do you live in England? how much do you reckon shipping would be? Also - out of curiosity, what filing system will you be using?
    Shipping would be £3 to £4 from the UK - Can find three for certain, and possibly a fourth. Might also be able to find a couple of the plastic bags that Ilford wrap the film in. Should point out that these boxes are the smaller 25 sheet ones.

Storage - I've started to use the Clear File storage pages. Four negs to a sheet, and the sheets fit in to an over-sized ring binder from a local stationers.

Ping me with your address if these are OK.
    Last edited by paul_c5x4; 02-02-2011 at 03:22 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay Sen View Post
    Hi Kim,

I have a bunch (5 or 6, maybe a couple more) of empty 4x5 film boxes that you can have, but I am located in the U.S. and I am not sure if the shipping cost would be worthwhile (no charge for the empty boxes, of course!). I think it would be a good idea if fellow APUG members in Denmark or nearby have any to spare. If you don't find any locally, you can contact me.
    Sanjay,
    If you are willing, I could use 2 or 3 boxes. I've just started out w/ LF and find that I need a place to keep exposed film until processing.

Dave Held

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dtheld View Post
    Sanjay,
    If you are willing, I could use 2 or 3 boxes. I've just started out w/ LF and find that I need a place to keep exposed film until processing.

Dave Held
    Sure, Dave, but to be fair, since I offered them to Kim first, I will wait for him to let me know if he needs them or not.

BTW, where are you located?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay Sen View Post
    Sure, Dave, but to be fair, since I offered them to Kim first, I will wait for him to let me know if he needs them or not.

BTW, where are you located?
    I'm located outside of Denver, CO where it finally got above 0 today. At least we're not facing a blizzard - so far this winter it has pretty much stayed in the mountains where the snow belongs.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin