Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,978   Posts: 1,523,693   Online: 1113

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 378910111213
    sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffle View Post
    .... I've also heard it helps to bite down a bit on the corner of your lip or your tongue when snapping the shutter. )

There's my problem!!! I've been sticking my tongue out the corner of my mouth rather than biting it!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just do not fall into the trap: After I buy this lens, I will be done buying lenses.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    LF can be as simple as any manual slr with a tilt shift lens. You don't have to use the tilt shift until you want to learn it, and you may never decide it is for you. Think of all those old press photos where those functions were never engaged. There is no denying it is clumsier however, and anytime you have to deal with dark slides etc. there is always the chance of fogging and double exposures, but I've never done any of those things

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Just do not fall into the trap: After I buy this lens, I will be done buying lenses.
    Yeah, right.

m
    Michael Cienfuegos

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Shooter
    Large Format
    It can be. It doesn't need to be. So far I personally have had no problem using basic daylight exposure with a speed graflex outside. Studio requires some more work, but in my experience, a lot of outdoor or indoor natural light is just experience. Find one film you love and stick to it, and 99% of your work you can just thinkabout, set, and shoot. Unless you do reproductions or long extension work or long exposure, all the tables and nomographs and reciprocity settings aren't really going to intrude into your work.
    Good luck.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 378910111213

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin