Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,946   Posts: 1,585,857   Online: 1037

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Holy mogly Neal, thems wheels are expensive! Your cart is a great idea, I might have to build one for myself - maybe.
    gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think you can buy replacement wheelbarrow wheels about the same size a bit cheaper.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    The wheelborrow and wheels is just perfect! Thanks for that Neal.

This is such a cool idea. All I need is some tartan fabric to go with it

Images
    The only downside that I see to wheelbarrow wheels is that they are generally made out of steel and so are kind of heavy. Being pneumatic they would probably handle rough terrain with ease. They'd be cheaper than those Roleez things but, hey... what isn't?
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Neal -

there is one on the website which is made of aluminium. That's the one I had in mind.

If I put a crash helmet on and turn it on its side, I could just toboggan down 500metres of hill.....

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Smith
    Neal -
    there is one on the website which is made of aluminium. That's the one I had in mind.
    Cool! Give me the link. Those would be a nice upgrade to my... um... dang! I forgot to come up up with a name for the darned thing.

If I put a crash helmet on and turn it on its side, I could just toboggan down 500metres of hill.....
    I think we're looking at new Olympic sport in '08
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam
    ... a nice upgrade to my... um... dang! I forgot to come up up with a name for the darned thing.

I think we're looking at new Olympic sport in '08
    How 'bout "Tri-Pundler". Re Olymic Sport - definately! with different weight classes: 35mm, med, LF and ULF.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi there,

I'm really pooped. After 20 minutes walking with a folding monorail and tripod, I seem to get really tired. I'm not unfit or anything, but I'm starting to think I am.
    Hi Tom,

How much does all your gear weigh? A quick trip to the scales will give you an idea of whether you are being hard or easy on yourself.

I've got crappy knees, use hiking poles and am not in that great of shape, mind you everyones definition is different. I find for technical hiking (steep, boulders, gravel, roots, lots of chances to fall on yer face) my limit is about 40 lbs in a normal type backpack.

For standard well conditioned hiking trails closer to sea level I've treked with 55 - 60 lbs and put on 10 - 16 K in a day.

However, I do pant, sweat, grunt and even curse when I hit the steep hills.. especially at the start of the warm season..

Just think of it positively.. all the rest breaks will give you time to really absorb the surrounding landscape.

Cheers,

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi there,

I'm really pooped. After 20 minutes walking with a folding monorail and tripod, I seem to get really tired. I'm not unfit or anything, but I'm starting to think I am.
    Hi Tom,

I use the Super Trekker II. Got it off eBay at a great price. I'm not in great shape but I'm able to carry my 5 X 7, 7 holders, etc, etc. for hours up and down ravines along the ocean. It will even fit some tripods on the back (though, sadly, not mine).

Cheers,

James

Costco has a California Innovations cooler with very durable wheels, shoulder strap and a folding handle, I think it cost about $20 or so. For fun, I got one and dragged it around Mariposa Grove, up hill and down on dirt trails with a v8 'dorff, two lenses, a half dozen holders, light meter, filters, cleaning kit and dark cloth aboard. Worked quite nicely. I like the thermal qualities of using a cooler. When encountering boulders, I simple folded the handle and slung the shoulder strap over my shoulder and soldiered on. Might be worth looking into!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin