Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,804   Online: 682

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Yanke Ultra Bright Fresnel/Ground Glass Question

Has anyone some experience with the :

Yanke Ultra Bright Fresnel + Ground Glass 4x5 Camera

I am searching for a bright groundglass/fresnel for my toyo. I am photographing in dark areas (windmills) and have problems with my current screen.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Am I the first that wants one?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    OK, i will test my new fresnel i bought for my Shen Hao camera, i just got the fresnel with another accessories for my LF, in fact i don't know what this fresnel used for, but i think i have to see, i have Speed/Crown Graphic with GG, i am sure they are both attached with fresnel, so i will let you know what i will find out soon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm interested to know too. My GG is about as dim as my safelight...
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    OK, the fresnel helped a bit to make it brighter or say it make it more clear to see through the GG, i will not say it will make a big noticeable difference, but it is better to focus using fresnel than without it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wrote about my fresnel saga a couple of years ago here on Apug, a very bad US supplier and eventually an old scratched fresnel arrived after more than 6 months.

However the overall improvement was substantial, well over 3 stops brightness away from the centre hotspot, almost as good as my Wista's combination screen.

So I'm puzzled by the answers here.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie Jan View Post
    Am I the first that wants one?
    I was hoping not... but maybe so?

These screens look very nice in the photos. (Scroll down the page...)

And if they perform as well as they look, I too might be interested. But I would also like to hear from a current user. Things are not always as they seem, and nothing beats direct, hands-on experience.

Ken
    Last edited by Ken Nadvornick; 02-18-2011 at 07:41 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Added link...
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I had a shen hao with fresnel, but got a toyo 45aII with a bosscreen and sold the shen.

It is however much 'darker' than my old shen fresnel. So i better had not sold the fresnel...
    You read this is the best, bla bla bla, but you own investigation tells different.
    Where is the time that we could go to a store to test something out in stead of buying something only and hoping that it is not that bad as i suspect...

For my project in darker areas (windmills) i need the brightest i can get.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fresnel screens in general are pretty cheap affairs, that is, when they're not for cameras. I wonder if we could source our own inexpensive fresnel screens?
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, my GG and fresnel of ShenHao is dim and darker than my Speed/Crown Graphic, so any recommendation about better GG and Fresnel for my Shen Hao 4x5

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin