Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,758   Online: 924

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    To begin tray developing, I would suggest starting with 6, no more. Rotate thru all 6 in 30 reconds, that way, each film is "agitated" for about 5 seconds. You want to get the rotation down to 30 seconds, much like doing 35mm in a small tank, agitating every 30".

You can do more of course, but you have to get your speed up to snuff. No safelight... that's the fun of it!

The PF slosher tray looks like a good method too, but for $70 you could make something with the same capability at a much lower cost.
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When using trays I use small trays (a lot of them) and max 4 negatives in each tray so that I can keep one in each corner (you don't want them on top of each other).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesper View Post
    When using trays I use small trays (a lot of them) and max 4 negatives in each tray so that I can keep one in each corner (you don't want them on top of each other).
    I respectfully disagree. Having them stacked is a perfectly normal thing and presents no problem as long as you pre-soak them to avoid sticking, and as long as you leaf through them at a constant rate.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ralnphot View Post
    I develope in an AP brand plastic two reel tank ala "taco" method. I have a daylight tank that holds 12 sheets, but I usually only shoot two or four sheets at any time, so it just sits.
    Rick, can you explain the "Taco" method? I realize that it is not the most economical method but to process my first few sheets it is easy and daylight safe.
    I have two Arista 2-reel tanks.
    "Generalizations are made because they are generally true"
    Flicker http://www.flickr.com/photos/stradibarrius
    Barry
    Monroe, GA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    To each his own. Stacking doesn't work for me but a lot of others use it.
    "Leafing through them at a constant rate" gives a little too much agitation for me, but this is just my experience.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    as long as you are careful and have a method
    you can process as many sheets of film in a tray as your tray can handle
    i regularly do 10-12 and have shuffled 30-40 sheets with no scratches or other problems ...
    but it takes experience and practice ...

good luck barry !
    john
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I started out using 5x7 trays and they work well. You can shuffle your sheets in the chemicals. It takes a lot of practice. I've scratched many sheets from the lack of experience. There are also daylight tanks which I use. I have an old Yankee Agitank. I think they're OK and have gotten mixed results. I have a friend that has an HP Combi Tank. http://www.amazon.com/HP-Combi-Plan-...ies/B0000ALKEH

They work well too.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks...I think I have enough info to get going. I took two shots last night of a nautilus shell and I am going to process them in a bit.
    "Generalizations are made because they are generally true"
    Flicker http://www.flickr.com/photos/stradibarrius
    Barry
    Monroe, GA

Images
    Good Afternoon, Barry,

While I have considerable admiration for those who have the skill and patience to use tray processing without getting unevenly-developed or damaged negatives, my recommendation (as many APUG members who recall my previous posts on this topic will remember) is a Chromega 8 x 10 color processing drum. It comes with separating ribs and a spacer; it's cheap, doesn't leak, requires only minimal chemical amounts, and makes 4 x 5 processing virtually foolproof. The only drawbacks are 1)four-sheet-at-a-time limitation and 2)incompatibility with stand or semi-stand processing, neither of which normally affects me.

Konical

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin