Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,524   Posts: 1,543,897   Online: 976

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First LF sheets

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ralnphot View Post
    The last time I used extreme tilts, it resulted in a curved line at the top of the photo. This appears to have been the result of not seating the film holder completely into the camera back, since you are positive you pulled the slide fully out, and reinserted it fully.
    I second the theory of not seating the film holder all the way. I have had this problem with a Polaroid back because they are thicker. The results were identical...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Could be a placement issue with the film holder. Could be a shift combined with tilt. Until I got my Deardorff, I never knew you could make shadows on the film plane from the bellows getting in the way via too much shift (lateral and rise and fall). I always shot speed graphics and that was never an issue. That's my bet. Too much rise and fall on one or both standards.

Never the less. Keep working on composition and enjoy your first attempt. I still have mine from 26 years ago.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin