Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,274   Posts: 1,534,652   Online: 1112

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Help choosing camera!

I need some advice regarding choosing equipment. I currently have a Pacemaker Speed Graphic with the Aero-Ektar 178/2.5 and it's a wonderful combination. But I rarely use it, I think it's to heavy to bulk around with.

I will use the camera for mostly landscapes and nature, but maybe also some architecture. And I got really interested in a panoramic camera (6x17) but I also like the 4x5 format. How is it to use a 6x17 adaptor on a 4x5 camera? Do you get good results comparing to a dedicated panoramic camera? I will use the camera on a tripod. Now I'm trying to figure out witch camera I should choose and what (lets say 3) lenses to get and I'm hoping YOU can help me

Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I answered you somewhere

How much you wanna spend?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In today's increasingly digital world film for panorama cameras will become harder to find. We have already seen this for 8x10. Just something else to ocnsider.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Film for panoramic cameras is just ordinary 120 for the 617 and similar cameras and ordinary 35mm for the X-Pan.

And didn't Kodak recently offer Ektar 100 in 5x4 and 8x10 sizes?

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    If you're not looking to spend much keep the speed graphic and get some new lenses a 6x17 back.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the advice! But if I'm going to use a 6x17 back, isn't it better to buy a 5x7 camera and buy a 6x17 and 4x5 back to that one? Won't I have trouble to focus to infinity?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The 6x17 backs for 5x4 cameras usually have a ground glass adaptor which extends past the back. It has to do that otherwise the camera's body would cast a shadow on the sides of the film. I don't know about 6x17 roll film holders for 5x7 cameras.

http://www.kgcphoto.com/Reviews_&_Tu..._6x17_back.htm

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Why not make a mask for the 4x5 ground glass so you can view a panoramic format then print from those negs in the same fashion? Just an affordable idea.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Walrath View Post
    Why not make a mask for the 4x5 ground glass so you can view a panoramic format then print from those negs in the same fashion? Just an affordable idea.
    I can have 6x12 out of 4x5 but not 6x17cm, for some like me i want to have panos as 6x17 or 6x24, 6x12 is not that much panoramic result to my opinion, maybe will try 4x12cm and see.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin