Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,498   Posts: 1,543,116   Online: 1030

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Here's one done with a lens that sounds identical to yours.

It was the front light on a Korean War era spotting scope that a spotter for gun mounts might have used. It was in the trash, and I retrieved it and machined a 3" ABS male adapter to recieve it. The pipe threads on the male adapter just start into one of my Cooke Portrait lens flanges so it's easy to mount on the Kodak 2D 8X10 with Packard inside.

Good soft focus doesn't need to be expensive.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very nice, Jim. I figured you might have something to say on the subject. Over the past few months, I have decided I really need a Packard shutter or something that will allow me to shoot full speed film with some of my bits of orphan glass... something with up to 2 1/2 or 3" opening that would fit a 5" board. (or even 4"... is that possible?)
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffle View Post
    Very nice, Jim. I figured you might have something to say on the subject. Over the past few months, I have decided I really need a Packard shutter or something that will allow me to shoot full speed film with some of my bits of orphan glass... something with up to 2 1/2 or 3" opening that would fit a 5" board. (or even 4"... is that possible?)
    Typically the size of the packard is really close to double the size hole. ie. a 5" Packard will have a 2 3/4" opening. etc.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    great stuff reinhold - !

Quote Originally Posted by jimgalli View Post
    Good soft focus doesn't need to be expensive.
    BINGO!

john
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Typically the size of the packard is really close to double the size hole. ie. a 5" Packard will have a 2 3/4" opening. etc.
    Thanks, Jim. I've been watching auctions lately, but the prices are a little crazy these days. A friend of mine who has a camera shop has a Packard whose outside measurement is just over 6", which I could have for a song, but unfortunately it won't fit any of my cameras. (Is there any way to adapt/trim a Packard to fit a smaller board? The absolute maximum my camera could handle is 5 1/2".)

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks, Jim. I've been watching auctions lately, but the prices are a little crazy these days. A friend of mine who has a camera shop has a Packard whose outside measurement is just over 6", which I could have for a song, but unfortunately it won't fit any of my cameras. (Is there any way to adapt/trim a Packard to fit a smaller board? The absolute maximum my camera could handle is 5 1/2".)
    I'm in the same boat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Larry, the handsome chap in my first post suggests that I design something for his 4x5 Shen Hao.
    I'll probably use something around 200mm focal length.
    (His bellows draw isn't as long as my Deardorff's).
    While I'm at it I'll probably make one for my 4x5 Tachihara too.

Maybe I should make a few extra, just in case...
    This could be fun.

Reinhold

www.classicBWphoto.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Good job guys

I'm trying to get into grinding my own plastic, acrylic and glass lenses (probably start off with soda lime glass). Trying to get some designs down first.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    One possibility with the bigger shutter is to mount it on a board and get one of those lens chucks aperture thingys to mount on the other side. Then the chuck holds the shutter to the front of your barrel lens. So the shutter's up front, not behind it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One possibility with the bigger shutter is to mount it on a board and get one of those lens chucks aperture thingys to mount on the other side. Then the chuck holds the shutter to the front of your barrel lens. So the shutter's up front, not behind it.
    This is certainly a possiblility; I'm looking for something flexible that I can use with my various lens experiments. (which might involve a lot of "thingys")

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin