Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,220   Posts: 1,532,312   Online: 916

Thread: Rollfilmbacks

Shooter
    Multi Format

Rollfilmbacks

For a 4x5" camera what is a good second hand 6x9 rollfilmback if you are on a budget? Linhof Super Rollex, Horseman? Any recommendations?

And what about 6x12 backs? If I only shoot a panoramic shot now and then, is it perhaps wiser to shoot those on 4x5 and crop than to buy a cheap chinese 6x12 back?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Some of the cheap chinese 6x12 backs are actually quite good if rudimentary in operation. I have a Shen Hao back that does 6x4.5 6x6 6x9 and 6x12 and it works fine. You can certainly compose for a 6x12 image on 4x5 and crop accordingly. Both the roll film holders you mention are good quality. The Linhof backs are expensive. You may also want to consider those made my Wista and Calumet.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I got a cosmetically damaged Toyo back ($100), which has the advantage of being able to slip into place like a cutfilm film holder on some cameras, otherwise the back of the camera with glass must be removed after focusing. I also have a graphlex back ($50) which works well.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Have a look at the Cambo, They appear on Ebay all the time, 6x7 6x9 and 6x12 the 6x12 normally fetch a fair price, however they will all fit into a Graflok back.
    What grain............................................. ...............
    Oh sorry, I forgot you don't shoot Large Format
    Large format Pat.

http://www.largeformatpat.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin