Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,286   Posts: 1,535,277   Online: 880

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dougherty View Post
    If you use the 'remove and replace' the back variety the rotating part will come off and you will be forced into horizontal format.
    Of course you CAN take pictures both in landscape and portrait orientation with a Graflok film holder on a 45AII.

One does not take off the "whole" back assembly to attach a Graflok accessory to a 45AII. Just remove the ground glass/spring back assembly. That comes off really easy by means of the two ribbed rectangular push buttons located below and above the ground glass (when in landscape mode).

You then attach the Graflok roll film back and do not lose the 45AII's back revolving capability.

Cheers, Maurits

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by maurits View Post
    Of course you CAN take pictures both in landscape and portrait orientation with a Graflok film holder on a 45AII.

One does not take off the "whole" back assembly to attach a Graflok accessory to a 45AII. Just remove the ground glass/spring back assembly. That comes off really easy by means of the two ribbed rectangular push buttons located below and above the ground glass (when in landscape mode).

You then attach the Graflok roll film back and do not lose the 45AII's back revolving capability.

Cheers, Maurits
    Thank you, that sounds more logical. But the ground glass only can be taken off with the revolving back in horizontal (landscape mode) position, right? I couldn't find any picture on the net showing the details of this revolving back, thus I had to ask.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollei fan View Post
    Thank you, that sounds more logical. But the ground glass only can be taken off with the revolving back in horizontal (landscape mode) position, right? I couldn't find any picture on the net showing the details of this revolving back, thus I had to ask.

Rollei fan, you can take off the ground glass in any position. See pics...

Pic 3 shows the back with the folding viewer. The red arrows point to the buttons for removing the groundglass/springback.

Pic 2 shows the camera back with the ground/glass spring back removed. The graflok back can be revolved and used in any position on a 360 degree scale without vignetting.

Pic 1 shows the same, but with a Graflok type film holder attached.

Pic 4 shows the camera (A) with the revolving back removed, the revolving back (B) with the film holder still attached to it (you can see the darkslide from the side that normally faces the lens) and the ground glass/spring back (C) also shown from the side facing the lens.

Cheers, Maurits
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails _DSC0672.jpg   _DSC0671.jpg   _DSC0667.jpg   _DSC0676.jpg  
    Last edited by maurits; 02-26-2011 at 07:14 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Image sequence messed up...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Rollei fan, you can take off the ground glass in any position. See pics...
    Great, many thanks, very informative! Does the 45AII allow front movements with a 65mm lens mounted on a recessed lensboard when shooting 6x9?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollei fan View Post
    Great, many thanks, very informative! Does the 45AII allow front movements with a 65mm lens mounted on a recessed lensboard when shooting 6x9?
    Not much, but it works. You will need a 19 mm to 25 mm recessed Toyo-Field board. Don't use a Technika sized board in the special adapter, because the latter places the lens forward again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry for the mistake Rollei Fan! And thanks for pointing it out maurits!

I'm not sure what back I had my hands on that required you to remove it entirely - I was disappointed with it for sure.

maurits, that looks like the Horseman back I was considering, it's a great help to know exactly how it does function, thanks again for posting that.

Shawn

Cheers, Maurits

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    After my error in understanding/explaining how the back on my Toyo 45AII works I intended to post an example picture with the Calumet version attached with groundglass removed rather than slid in like a film holder. Either way allows rotation of the back. I forgot about it for a while but was reminded tonight so here it is, maybe this will help someone else like myself down the road.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0534.JPG  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin