Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,724   Online: 810

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by vyshemirsky View Post
    Do you have 45N-1 or 45N-2? There was a significant change in the design of the fresnel lens for the 45N-2.

I have a 90mm f/8 Super Angulon, It isn't easy to focus, but not impossible.
    I had the n-1, now the n-2. The significant change was swapping the position of the fresnel to the viewer side of the ground glass, that's it.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollei fan View Post
    Chamonix 045N-2 would be a better alternative I think, but I must get the camera within a few weeks, and I don't know how long it takes to get a Chamonix...
    I'm on the current waiting list for a Chamonix 45n-2. Delivery is set for April.
    "Oui, non, oui, non, OUI!" - Henri Cartier-Bresson

Fernando Gomes Semedo (aka Nando) - flickr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    hi, i have the shen-hao ptb45, very cool little camera, i use the 65 with the bag bellows but you dont need a recessed board for movements but you do need the bag for movements, i have even used my 47mm on 6x9 on a regular lens board, its a great camera, from what i understand the shen hao and the chamonix are almost identical.
    "Why thats one of those old black and white cameras aint it?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenimage View Post
    hi, i have the shen-hao ptb45, very cool little camera, i use the 65 with the bag bellows but you dont need a recessed board for movements but you do need the bag for movements, i have even used my 47mm on 6x9 on a regular lens board, its a great camera, from what i understand the shen hao and the chamonix are almost identical.
    What ground glass do you have on the PTB45 when you use 65mm (is it f8 or better?)?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollei fan View Post
    I have almost decided to get a Shen Hao PTB45 + 65mm and 90mm lenses + 6x12 / 6x9 roll film holder.

Questions:
    1) does the PTB45 need a bag bellows or/and recessed lens board for movements with the 65mm (when shooting 6x9)?

2) for 65mm and 90mm lenses, would it be wise to get an Ebony screen with wide-angle fresnel ? Or could I manage with the standard Shen Hao screen as I mainly will shoot 6x9 and 6x12?

3) could an Ebony screen with wide-angle fresnel be used with longer lenses, say 150mm or 250mm?

Any help appreciated !
    Hi , I will be putting my Shen Hao C/W bag bellows and 6x17 rollfilm back on the market very soon if you are interested ,oh and to answer your question on the Shen hao i use the bag bellows on 90 and wider . Regards Gary

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin