Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,290   Posts: 1,535,381   Online: 826

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolucion Artistico View Post
    If you figure out a good way of doing that I'd be interested in your method as I've thought of doing this myself but cringe at the thought of trying to get curled 2x3 sheets into holders.

Ryan
    The old Adapt-a-roll 620 inserts collect the film rolled backwards on the take up spool. Letting a roll sit for a few days makes it pretty flat. Not fllat like a box of sheet film, but it's not too bad.

There's a few outfits on the Bay that sell ID badge dies for cutting 2z3 photo id badges. They have rounded corners, and I'm sure it isn't exactly the right dimensions. I've written them, and they'll custom make one with the exact dimensions and square corners (and probably a notch code since it's custom) but it it expensive. So I haven't done that yet.

My grand scheme, if I can ever get it all together, is to take a roll of 120, roll it out in the Adapt-a-roll to flatten for a few days, hack off two sheets of 2.25x3.25 from the tail, then slit the remainder into a strip for 127 and a strip for a Minolta 16.

So far it's more of a thought experiment than reality. This BS of earning a living interferes with my hobbies big time.

MB
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For anyone interested...I have a 21/4 X 31/4 Speed Graphic in great shape for sale. It has a range finder, sports finder, two lenses, original instruction manuel and comes in the original box. I also have about a dozen film holders to go with. Will let it go for $250.00 plus shipping from Virginia, or bet offer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RPippin View Post
    For anyone interested......plus shipping from Virginia, or bet offer.
    I'll bet... oh wait. That's probably a typo.
    Michael Batchelor

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How much ya wanna bet?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelbsc View Post
    Kind of funny, I'm gearing up to start using 2.25x3.25 sheet film. <snip>
    Why? Have you got unsatisfactory results with roll film? I ask because I've had no trouble with roll film and can't imagine what you'd gain ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    Why? Have you got unsatisfactory results with roll film? I ask because I've had no trouble with roll film and can't imagine what you'd gain ...
    Oh Dan... you gain the experience of messing with fiddly little pieces of film, glass enlarger negative holders, innovative ways to process itty bitty little pieces of film, the joys of jamming a 2x3 Graphmatic, etc.

But... this works for some people. They don't need the depth and resolution of an 8x10 negative.

So what is this roll film? You mean you spool it on a reel like 135 to develop? Wow! What a great idea. Maybe you ought to patent it.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks, Tim. I suspected I was missing something obvious.

Thinking of missing the obvious, I had no idea -- look at post #21 in this thread -- that an Adapt-A-Roll 620 can be used to flatten film. Who'd a thunk it? I suppose that those who don't have one can use a spare 120 spool and a changing bag ...

Thinking of missing the obvious, take a look at this: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum205/...rate-35mm.html I have one of those splicers for S8. The poster is mistaken, they perforate perfectly precisely. But, oh, think of the effort and time in the dark perforating even a short roll of film will take. And think of the slips.

I shouldn't be surprised at any of this. I know people who are absolutely brilliant at finding harder ways to do things.

Um, about roll film, well, you start with a long roll of coated filmstock as you'd cut sheets from, slit it into long strips, and roll it up instead of cutting the strips into short rectangles. There's nothing to it, really, as long as you keep the dark in. I b'lieve, could be mistaken, that the, um, backing, for size 120 roll film is thinner than that backing of film intended to be cut into 2.25" x 3.25" sheets.

If you look hard you'll find roll holders for 5" and 10" wide film, some with motorized film advance. I'm ashamed to admit that I invented none of this. Did, though, have a camera that took 5" roll film. It had a pair of 38/4.5 Biogons, shot a lot of roughly 56 mm x 56 mm images on a roll. Not a stereo camera, either, the lenses' shutters fired alternately.

Another idea brought up in this thread that I can't quite grasp. Intimacy of cameras. Several people have used the idea so it must be obvious but I don't get it. I mean, I have 2x3 Graphics. Nice cameras, limited. Also a 2x3 Super Cambo, nice camera that doesn't have the Graphics' limitations but with some of its own. Much more forbidding than a little Graphic, smaller than a 4x5 Super Cambo. Is it intimate? Will someone please tell me how to measure?

Cheers,

Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelbsc View Post
    Kind of funny, I'm gearing up to start using 2.25x3.25 sheet film. <snip>
    Dude, it's a hobby!

I do it for fun, not profit. It doesn't need to make sense. Show me any logic in banging heads in a football field. But a lot of folks think it is entertaining.
    Michael Batchelor

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jmooney View Post
    This is a timely thread because I'm looking at 2x3's myself. Does anyone have a picture of a 2x3 graphic next to a 4x5 graphic? It would be great to see what the size difference truly is. I poked around flickr but didn't find much.

Jim
    The graphc 2x3 is a much less substantial beast. About 2/3's the size and very charming.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Check out the Kalart double rangefinder camera they made in the 50's I see one on e-bay almost weekly... there is one ther now. Takes film holders, a rangefinder for each eye... it's a cool folding 2x3.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin