Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,540   Posts: 1,544,322   Online: 953

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

In my new studio...

I just got over the weekend a new-to-me studio stand. It's an INKA, made in Holland, and it should be able to handle any camera I own, up to and including the 14x17. Here's a shot of me with the stand.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails studiostand.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    I just got over the weekend a new-to-me studio stand. It's an INKA, made in Holland, and it should be able to handle any camera I own, up to and including the 14x17. Here's a shot of me with the stand.
    A beast, I used similar stands here during my year at the Photo Academy in Amsterdam. I don't know the real specs, but have little doubt you are right it will hold your 14x17 with ease...

Good luck with the great buy!

Marco
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    How far did you have to travel Scott to get the beast, Have you named it?
    Maybe Svelda?
    We have two of these and you will love the stand.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looks impressive!

Jeff

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Bob- I drove from DC to Philadelphia (about 2 1/2 hours each way). I think if I name it, it'll be something like Hans or Lars or something suitably Nordic. Maybe it'll be Agnetha and my Calumet strobes can be Bjorn & Benny.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Scott, you'll love it, used them a fair bit.

Regarding very heavy cameras, there is a something designed for the opposite side where you can put some weights.

The idea being that it counter balances the camera, especially when you are up a stepladder and the camera is right up there as well.

I don't know if we had them made specially, or they were a factory accessory, but they sure looked as though they were a factory accessory.

Inka, is, I believe, a female name in Dutch. I have met a couple of Dutch women with that name in my travels, so Agnetha could be an appropriate moniker.

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    nice cactus !

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'll look around for something in a counterweight - worst case scenario I put a hook on the other end of the arm and hang a sandbag off it. I'm not likely to be using anything particularly large on the stand at anywhere near full height, but it's definitely something to consider.

Nice stand! It doesn't take a lot of studio shooting with a tripod to realize the value of a good stand.

Peter Gomena

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Greetings from Rockville...
    Nice, I bet you find it is a worthwhile investment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin