Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,663   Online: 929

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It was not long time ago when i did my first 4x5 shots as well, i had 2 issues, one with a black frame or border appeared about 15% on one shot on the top, and the second was that i double exposed 1 sheet and i thought i exposed 2 sheets that were loaded with 1 holder [both sides], so i learnt very well, but what i am happy with is that with all those mistakes i've got shots at the end except one sheet that didn't expose, then i did shoot one more sheet and developed by myself to be the first ever sheet to be my home developed one and got a shot with some scratches, all these making me happy to have a good start rather than nothing at all, now i got the BTZS and i am waiting something for my LF camera to start shoot more seriously soon i hope.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Ah the good old days when Polaroid type 55 (or any type) was affordable and available. Checking exposures and checking focus and checking composition, there was no learning tool like Polaroid. I used to always shoot a polaroid no matter where or what. I even had a 4x5 back for my 8x10 especially for shooting polaroids. Of course that won't help with loading backwards and bad processing.
    the best tray for processing 4x5 film is a Pyrex glass bread loaf pan. Forget the tacos and burritos.
    Dennis

Shooter
    Multi Format
    im a photography student, we use 4x5, trust me..... trust me... this happens to everyone. I have watched people do 30 minute exposures only to realize the darkslide was never pulled. I have gotten blank sheets back from the lab on a few occasions as well even though I thought Id shot everything. People also worst of all forget to factor bellows when doing macro, and in that case you end up 4 - 6 stops under, not mentioning reciprocity which they also usually forget so add a few more stops. The list goes on. It took me 5 shoots to get a sharp negative, dont ask why cause I dont know, was thinking my lens or something was a dud then one day bam, started getting tack sharp results and realised why 4x5 is so good, even in a bad epson scanner the detail is amazing.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I can see I'm not alone but I"ve been doing this for two years now and just last week I (1)shot the side of the the holder that I had already shot (On a trip to the Everglades no less) (2) realized I did so and that I ought to grab the holder again and try the shot again (3)Of course I now had a filmholder with two white sides showing and, while I thought I knew which one I had just exposed, I ended up with three shots on one negative and a blank negative.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great learning & reading all of your experiences here. Tomorrow I'll be shooting my first sheets of 4x5 through a Horseman L, loaded a couple of holders just now for the first time and it went well (I think). From this thread I now know what not to do. Of course, there's a high chance I'll do them anyway! Wish me luck!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    That is really a funny story!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin