Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,895   Posts: 1,520,965   Online: 864

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras

Cheapest place to get 8x10 film holder.

I'm losing the ten year battle to purchase an 8x10 camera, so I've found a pinhole 8x10 camera for a little over 100 bucks but it needs an 8x10 film holder. Is there anywhere on this planet that sells them cheaper than $100?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Lots of places, KEH will have some, as will MPEX, EP Levine's and others.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Clifford Davis View Post
    I'm losing the ten year battle to purchase an 8x10 camera, so I've found a pinhole 8x10 camera for a little over 100 bucks but it needs an 8x10 film holder. Is there anywhere on this planet that sells them cheaper than $100?
    PMail me. I think I can get you one, not pretty, but clean and light tight for 25 bucks shipped CONUS.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Clifford,

You can find them. It all depends where you live. I purchased 3 of them, 2 in user shape the third might make a good picture frame, for $10 at a camera show/swap meet.

I have also purchased some on fleabay for $20. Not the prettiest, but usable.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    The auction site.

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Call Jim Andreki at Midwest Photo Exchange (www.mpex.com) He's always been good to me.

Mike
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”

— Hunter S. Thompson

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Thank you everybody.

Shooter
    Large Format
    hi there,
    I am a new member and am building a new 8x10 pinhole camera. I noticed you had (in 2011) access to cheap holders that were light tight. Is that still an option. Or where might I get the least elegant but functional holders
    Thanks Paul in Northampton, Ma

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin