Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,814   Online: 735

Shooter
    8x10 Format

Durst or DeVere, which one?

I'm taking a big step here to purchase a horizontal enlarger. Can someone please tell me what they think? I've used Durst all my life, but they haven't made horiz enlargers in 3yrs. I know refurbished is still the way to go, but for how long? I've heard of DeVere, but never used one. Are they worth it to get, or should I get a used Durst? What are the pros and cons? This is for 40x60+ color mural printing with 8x10 negs. Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a devere vertical which is SOLID to say the least. Horizontal should be more so. They are very well made and still in production. Expensive though

Phill
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I concur with Phil, I have a horizontal and vertical, very powerful units and easy to use.
    Bob Carnie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    While both Durst and DeVere make excellent enlargers, from my experience you'll find very little support in the U.S. for DeVere. That situation may be different if you're in the UK, but I can't say firsthand. If you're in the U.S., Durst may be the better way to go.
    My Verito page

Anyone can appreciate a fine print. But it takes a real photographer to appreciate a fine negative.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin